BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39991
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : General Discussion : Reading "Mets Take 2 Out Of 3" Thread

Message #144 of 317  *NEW*
To:  All
goheels42@cox.net  
Subject:  Mets Take 2 Out Of 3
Date:  4/16/06, 2:26pm
The Mets continued their hot start by defeating the Brew Crew 9-3 this afternoon. Brian Bannister got the start and improved to 2-0, but overall this was a shakey outing. He lasted just 5 innings, his pitch count was in the 70's through 3 innings and walked 5 batters. I guess you can say he made the pitches when he had to but he now has 9 walks through 3 starts, and that is not a good formula for success. Offensively for the Mets, what can you say, Nady continues to impress, with his 2 hit (1 HR) 3 RBI day and Mr. Wright's 2 hits, and you spread that around a Carlos Delgado 3 run shot and the Mets were off and running. This game could of however been much different had the Brewers received some clutch hitting from their #4 hitter Carlos Lee, twice he came up with runners in scoring position and was unable to produce, both times with the game tight.

Well the true test starts tomorrow with the rival Braves coming into Shea and Pedro taking the hill. ESPN has the game tomorrow night and it should be a good one. An early test with the Braves should show us just how for real the Mets are, even if it's not the same Braves.

Fantasy - Beltran was out of todays game due to a straind hammy he suffered last night. Willie said before the game he doesn't expect him to miss more than a game, so if you're in a weekly line up league, roll the dice, he should be ready to go tomorrow.

Reply to Msg #144
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

22536 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Met's Insight

Message #145 of 317  *NEW*
To:  goheels42@cox.net
goheels42@cox.net  
Subject:  Re: Mets Take 2 Out Of 3
Date:  4/17/06, 6:00am
Fantasy Update - Beltran may now miss Monday's game due to the strained hammy. He was quoted as saying last year he played through the hurt quad, and it lingered all season, so resting it an extra day may seem like a good idea. I still think he plays the rest of the week, with the Mets having 7 games this week you'll still get 6 out of him.

Reply to Msg #145
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23865 reads

Met's Insight

Message #146 of 317  *NEW*
goheels42@cox.net  
Subject:  Mets Chase Sosa.....Roll On
Date:  4/17/06, 6:47pm
The Mets got to Jorge Sosa early and sent him to a 5th inning exit. Carlos Delgado and Xavier Nady continued their offensive attack, and on a night when David Wright and Jose Reyes were quiet, Pedro had enough backing to shut down the Braves for his 200th career win. Delgado hit a 2 run shot, Nady a solo shot and La Duca had a couple singles to provide the offense that was needed for the win. Wagner came in and shut the door in the ninth and the Mets are now 10-2,and hold a 5 game lead over Atlanta, which is a great start. Beltran was out tonight, and Cliff Floyd left in the bottom of the forth with a straind rib cage. No update was available on him after the game, not sure how he hurt it, he turned on a inside pitch which he ripped down the line for a double, and looked fine, but then looked gimpy rounding third on a Nady single which he scored on, and was out after that. He was replace by Jose Valentin, yes Jose Valentin, 119 year old Valentin. Victor Diaz was sent to Triple A Norfolk this afternoon, and reliever Pedro Feliciano was recalled, crazy timing if Floyd is out, but Victor needs at bats, and sitting on the bench in Shea wasn't ideal.

Reply to Msg #146
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23861 reads

Met's Insight

Message #147 of 317  *NEW*
goheels42@cox.net  
Subject:  Typical Zambrano..............AWEFULL!!!
Date:  4/18/06, 6:52pm
It was basically a tee box Tuesday night when Victor Zambrano took the mound. Braves, most notably Andrew Jones, used Drivers, 3 Woods, and even Sand Wedges, any club in their bag, against the former Devil Ray. This guy is plain terrible, worst trade in Met history, and if there is any reason why this guy is making a scheduled start at the expense of Steve Trachsel being bumped, it is beyond me. I said it Sunday, this series shows where the Mets are, as a team, because to suceed in the NL,they have to beat the Braves, and now to win the series, it's Mr.Brave himself, Tom Glavine, trotting out to the mound tomorrow, to face his former team. Glavine has been great thus far, but the Braves still own him, (even though the Mets pay his salary) so tomorrow should be a good test for TG.

Fanatsy - No Floyd or Beltran. Floyd said the strain to the rib cage was not as bad as last seasons injury, and he was already feeling better,my guess is he'll be back Thursday. Beltran will hopefully try to give it a go tomorrow.

Reply to Msg #147
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

10650 reads

Met's Insight

Message #148 of 317  *NEW*
Guest13304 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Subject:  Re: Typical Zambrano..............AWEFULL!!!
Date:  4/19/06, 5:33am
Zambrano is a poor man's Scott Kazmir!

Reply to Msg #148
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23858 reads

Message #149 of 317  *NEW*
To:  Guest13304 (IP: 69.141.76.197)
goheels42@cox.net  
Subject:  Glavine Impressive........Mets vs. Braves = Same Ol SameOl
Date:  4/19/06, 4:55pm
Tom Glavine was impressive today, allowing just two earned runs and pitching 8 strong innings, but the offense took the day off for the 2nd day in a row and took the L today 2-1. The Mets had their chances at the bottom half of the ninth, with Reyes doubling and Chris Woodward singling him in to cut it to 2-1 with Delgado up and the tying run on first, but he popped out on the first offering from Hudson and Wright then flew out to end the game. Hudson was good today, and the absence of Floyd and Beltran was obvious.

Woodward played for second baseman Anderson Hernandez, and with the Mets going to activate Kaz Chop Sui tomorrow, we could be looking at the end of the Hernandez experiment, (which I think is a joke if true, Hernandez's glove is worth alot more than the offense Kaz will supply, about 30 points higher in BA, but about 20 more errors).

Out to San Diego we go..................

Reply to Msg #149
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23856 reads

Met's Insight

Message #150 of 317  *NEW*
goheels42@cox.net  
Subject:  Hernandez to DL
Date:  4/19/06, 5:18pm
Anderson Hernandez was put on the DL today with a bulging disk in his back. OK, makes sense then about Kaz, but still not happy about the situation. Can only hope they give the kid the job back once he gets healthy.

Reply to Msg #150
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23852 reads

Met's Insight

Message #151 of 317  *NEW*
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Glavine Impressive........Mets vs. Braves = Same Ol SameOl
Date:  4/19/06, 8:48pm
What is up with Glavine? If you hear our last podcast, I was telling folks to sell high on him in fantasy.

I am still of the same opinion... but he striking people out more than in recent memory... and he is pitching Greg Maddux smart.

As I have now reached an age when MLB players are considered old fogeys, it is nice to see these old guys start out like gangbusters. Look at Schilling today... I think I heard that he has NEVER started out 4-0.

Unbelievable...

As a baseball fan, I would like nothing more to see Glavine continue this all year. I just can't see it, though, in the long term.

Reply to Msg #151
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

22165 reads

Message #152 of 317  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
goheels42@cox.net  
Subject:  Re: Glavine Impressive........Mets vs. Braves = Same Ol SameOl
Date:  4/20/06, 2:05am
I agree, if I had him I would be dealing him right now. His stock will not get any higher than it is right now. I would love to see him continue this also. I just don't see him as a #2 at this point in his career, and that is what also makes me nervous about the Mets overall.

Reply to Msg #152
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23844 reads

Message #154 of 317  *NEW*
goheels42@cox.net  
Subject:  6 Run 8th Propells Mets To Win
Date:  4/21/06, 3:32am
The Mets waivered Jake Peavy's gem and got to the Pads bullpen and took game 1 of the 4 game series. Delgado homered for #6 on the year, and Kaz made his 2006 debut with a solo shot of his own, to give the Mets a 7-2 win. Cliff Floyd returned to the line up, but Beltran reaggravated his hammy and left in the 5th. One thing I did like is, if Kaz has to play, bat him in the 8 spot, which Willie did. Duaner Sanchez picked up probably the most efficient win you'll ever see, he threw 2 pitches, yes 2 pitches, recorded 2 outs and was credited with the win. Piazza was hitless in his first match up against his former team.

Reply to Msg #154
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23842 reads

Met's Insight

Message #155 of 317  *NEW*
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: 6 Run 8th Propells Mets To Win
Date:  4/21/06, 8:30am (Last Edited: 4/21/06, 8:31am)
>in the 8 spot, which Willie did. Duaner Sanchez picked up
>probably the most efficient win you'll ever see, he threw 2
>pitches, yes 2 pitches, recorded 2 outs and was credited with
>the win. Piazza was hitless in his first match up against his
>former team.

See, this is why I like having blogs from other teams' fans... this is cool information regarding Sanchez, and I suspect we'll use it in our next Podcast! Thanks, goheels...

FYI: might be better to separate your blog entries with new topics... especially if your blog becomes popular, and you get a good amount of replies... otherwise, this thread has the potential of being HUGE and SLOW.

Reply to Msg #155
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23838 reads

Message #157 of 317  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
goheels42@cox.net  
Date:  4/21/06, 11:25am
Thanks, took me awhile to figure out how to set this up, but now that I'm situated, it's fun. Plus I can voice my fustrations somewhere else besides in all my friends ears.

Reply to Msg #157
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23834 reads

Message #158 of 317  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  4/21/06, 10:10pm
>Thanks, took me awhile to figure out how to set this up, but
>now that I'm situated, it's fun. Plus I can voice my
>fustrations somewhere else besides in all my friends ears.

Something tells me that you won't be whining all that much this season... unless Pedro goes down. And, no, I'm not jinxing you until the Dodgers and Mets meet in the NLCS.

Reply to Msg #158
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

23830 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter