BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40664
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "YankeesSuck.com Fantasy League" Thread

Message #119 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
JCacho  
Subject:  YankeesSuck.com Fantasy League
Date:  3/3/06, 4:45pm
Last night, I took part in Yankeessuck.com's second annual draft, composed of a grand total of 12 teams. In preparation for the draft I thought of taking a strategic order in my picks; first I would grab one of the 'first-pick' players such as Manny or Pujols and such. I ended up picking Jason Bay, who I believe will only get better. After this pick, I remembered about how catchers were talked about in one of the Podcasts, and I remembered theres only about 4 dependable catchers, Pudge, VTek, Mauer, and Martinez. I looked up their stats. I ruled out Pudge because it looks like he is getting older and weaker by the second. I was left with three catchers. I ruled out VTek because although he is a great catcher his BA didn't last year convinced me to cut him. Then I was stuck between Martinez and Mauer, but decided on Mauer on a hunch he'll have a better year. And so my Catcher position was taken care of. Then I proceeded to attempt to grab a 2B, mainly Chase Utley, but he was taken a couple of rounds before me so I proceeded to picking my other infielders, partially monopolizing the closers, grabbing some good OFers and then some utility infielders [Bill Hall, heh] and leaving pitching for last. Why leave pitching for last? Because this is a daily league and since there are no Max. IP, I will continue performing my daily add/drop strategy every day and that will be my pitching, along with some crafty pitching picks. Without further a do, here is my final team:

Starters:

Catcher: Joe Mauer
1B: Lance Berkman
2B: Mark Loretta [yes, I know he is a risk]
SS: Johnny Peralta
3B: Scott Rolen
OF: Jason Bay, Jim Edmonds, Torri Hunter
Util: Travis Hafner

Bench:

Util: Bill Hall
2B: Brian Roberts [ Believe it or not, I picked this guy up around the 17th round. People just skipped over him for some reason]
OF: Brian Giles [Also skipped over]
1B: Mike Sweeney
C: Yadier Molina

Pitching:

SP: C.C. Sabathia
SP: Livan Hernandez
RP: Billy Wagner
RP: Trevor Hoffman
P: Bobby Jenks
P: Chien-Ming Wang
P: Esteban Loaiza [late pick, I believe Beane picked him up for a reason]
Bench: Kerry Wood [ you never know ]

So that's my team. Any suggestions?

Reply to Msg #119
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

3680 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

JCacho's Red Sox Blog

Message #120 of 405  *NEW*
To:  JCacho
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: YankeesSuck.com Fantasy League
Date:  3/3/06, 4:54pm
SBs is the only initial weakness I can see, but if Hunter's left ankle isn't bothering him, he could help you there big time.

And, your starting pitching is a bit lacking.

This is a real nice team for a 12 team league, and I think you could win the whole thing.

You're going to have to watch Brian Roberts or Sweeney. If one of those guys breaks out, I would trade em mid year for a good starter...

Your closing staff is very nice.

Excellent job.

Reply to Msg #120
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

4750 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter