BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40219
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "BGeeks Fantasy League and My Others: Week 1 " Thread

Message #207 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  BGeeks Fantasy League and My Others: Week 1
Date:  4/6/06, 8:49am (Last Edited: 4/6/06, 8:55am)
After four days of play, the BGeeks are showing their fantasy knowledge with a last place standing!

It doesn't help that we lost Garciaparra and Benitez right after the moves were closed... but as I posted on the message board there...

Fantasy Lesson #1: Patience is a virtue

I am pleased that my team is #1 in the rotoman experts league in the first four days... not that this means much... especially because I only have two closers in that league (20 team) and Tim Worrell is my second guy (Mike Gonzalez is my #1).

I am in second to last in my money league. Disasterous outings from Freddy Garcia, C.C. Sabathia, and Andy Pettite have me looking to the top from the bottom. Promising outings by Oliver Perez and Josh Beckett don't have me worried.

Freddy is only up because Sabathia went down (and we had a second moves deadline on Monday morning). I got a cheap win from Borowski last night, too (who is only in because Benitez is down).

Ordonez has yet to get a hit, and Felipe Lopez is starting out very soft... I expect these to change.

In BaseballManager, I have spent the most money, but I created this starting pitcher crew: Halladay (he was my #1 last year and the reason I lost the Championship is because of his injury), Carlos Zambrano (first outing is an aberration), Doug Davis (wow, 3rd pitcher?), John Lackey (geesh... awesomne in 4th spot), Washburn (gotta love his first outing AND his primary stadium), Chris Young (will be a stud in SD).

Two lefties there, which is key for BBM strategy purposes.

Outfielder draft tonight... I am very happy with my start (although, as I have spent the most, I am picking 10th). Still, there are a lot of very good, solid OF.

Reply to Msg #207
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

2473 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter