BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39465
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "Trade offer" Thread

Message #241 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
WarriorChief  
Subject:  Trade offer
Date:  5/24/06, 10:12pm
Greetings!

Another team is offering David Ortiz and Chris Young for Chone Figgins and Kenny Rogers. Any thoughts???

Reply to Msg #241
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

12816 reads

Message #242 of 405  *NEW*
To:  WarriorChief
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Trade offer
Date:  5/25/06, 1:11am
>Another team is offering David Ortiz and Chris Young for Chone
>Figgins and Kenny Rogers. Any thoughts???

Hey WC :

Welcome to the board... so long as you have at least one solid SB guy (or a few middle tier), this is a must trade. Kenny Rogers has been lights out, but he won't win 20 games.

The most he has had in a season in his career? 18. 20 would be a stretch... even on the hot Tigers (they won't stay this hot all season).

I REALLY like Chris Young this year over the long haul as a solid 3rd pitcher. You lose a #1 pitcher for a #3, but Young pitches in a pitcher's park and he has pretty decent stuff.

As for Big Papi, you get one of the best fantasy players in all of baseball for a solid SB guy. Gregg really likes Chone, as do I... Chone will, indeed, get 50+ SBs this year, and he will hit close to .300 (if not over)... don't let the .262 fool ya...

But, for Papi... I might give my left nut.

Reply to Msg #242
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13794 reads

Message #243 of 405  *NEW*
Conor  
Date:  5/25/06, 9:12am
the "Guest" advice was from me by the way (if it's not posted yet it will be soon)

Reply to Msg #243
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

12691 reads

Message #244 of 405  *NEW*
Guest15909 (IP: 208.1.137.210)  
Date:  5/25/06, 9:11am
questions: is this a keeper league or a one year league? Is it head to head or roto?

if its a keeper league you HAVE to do this trade. I'm not even going to get into it. It's a must do

If it's a one year league I think it depends on a few things....

first off if its a roto league you need to see what else you have and need. Are you above and beyond the league in HR or RBI? If so this trade isn't AS appealing. If you're above and beyond in SB and NEED HR and RBI, you've got to do it.

If you're in a head to head league i think you have to do it as well, but not to the same extreme.

See, there's really not much of a point in making the trade if you are already dominating HR and RBI. Chone and Davvy are completely opposite players, and you need to assess what your team needs, not JUST the fact that Davvy is a great fantasy value. If you've got NO ONE else to steal bases or get you 100+ runs this year this may not be as an obvious choice as it seems.

I'd be interested to know what the rest of your offense looks like.

Chris Young is decent, will put up good K numbers and a decent ERA in Petco, but he may break down again toward the end of the year like he did last year. He's young, and not set for the long haul yet IMO. He'll get you decent numbers for now, but be wary of him come earlu August. If you made the trade I would even consider trading him away come Early-Mid August.

Reply to Msg #244
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13791 reads

Message #245 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Guest15909 (IP: 208.1.137.210)
WarriorChief  
Date:  5/25/06, 6:01pm
The league I'm in is a one-year league on Yahoo, not a keeper, and it is head to head. And right now my team is in last place out of ten teams. Also, this is my first time playing fantasy baseball, so this is a new experience for me.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the trade. Hopefully it will help. I've listed my batters on my team. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanx!

C P. Lo Duca (NYM - C)
1B C. Tracy (Ari - 1B,3B,OF)
2B L. Castillo (Min - 2B)
3B C. Figgins (LAA - 2B,3B,OF)
SS O. Cabrera (LAA - SS)
OF A. Soriano (Was - 2B,OF)
OF C. Crawford (TB - OF)
OF A. Rios (Tor - OF)
Util J. Lane (Hou - OF)
Util P. Burrell (Phi - OF)
BN C. Lee (Mil - OF)
BN R. Sexson (Sea - 1B)
BN J. Lugo (TB - SS)
DL D. Lee (ChC - 1B)

Reply to Msg #245
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13788 reads

Message #246 of 405  *NEW*
Conor  
Date:  5/25/06, 8:14pm
>The league I'm in is a one-year league on Yahoo, not a keeper,
>and it is head to head. And right now my team is in last
>place out of ten teams. Also, this is my first time playing
>fantasy baseball, so this is a new experience for me.
>
>Anyway, thanks for the advice. I went ahead and pulled the
>trigger on the trade. Hopefully it will help. I've listed my
>batters on my team. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanx!
>
>C P. Lo Duca (NYM - C)
>1B C. Tracy (Ari - 1B,3B,OF)
>2B L. Castillo (Min - 2B)
>3B C. Figgins (LAA - 2B,3B,OF)
>SS O. Cabrera (LAA - SS)
>OF A. Soriano (Was - 2B,OF)
>OF C. Crawford (TB - OF)
>OF A. Rios (Tor - OF)
>Util J. Lane (Hou - OF)
>Util P. Burrell (Phi - OF)
>BN C. Lee (Mil - OF)
>BN R. Sexson (Sea - 1B)
>BN J. Lugo (TB - SS)
>DL D. Lee (ChC - 1B)

--------------------------

Ok, you need to trade a bat or two for pitching help...and i dont even know what yur pitching staff looks like. (how many teams are in the league?) You just have too mnay good bats riding your bench that could be turned into SP (or RP if u need saves). either thast or u need to trade for a new SS IMO. I don't feel Lugo is solid enough and cabrera isn't your typical outstanding fantasy SS. IMO your starting offensive unit should look like this:

C LoDuca
1B Ortiz (you just traded for him right?)
2B Figgins
3B Tracy
SS Lugo/Cabrera
OF C. Lee
OF Soriano
OF Crawford
UTIL Rios

You have a lot of flexibility with Soriano, Figgins, and Tracy so i would say hold onto them. But you can afford to let lane go and trade Sexson (you've got Papi and D-Lee on the DL)...find a team that may REALLY need a 1B and get something you need (SS, C, SP?) from them for Sexson (and/or Castillo, Cabrera, Lugo, Burrell). I bet you could also get away with trading LoDuca to someone that overvalues catchers and pick someone off waivers that could adequately fill that position (russ martin? johny estrada? brian mccann?)

Reply to Msg #246
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

12520 reads

Message #247 of 405  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  5/26/06, 8:59am
You have had some bad luck with some bad stats and injuries. When Derrek Lee comes back and Richie Sexson starts hitting (and he WILL), you'll start climbing with Papi in the lineup.

When you have Papi AND Derrek Lee back, the sky is the limit... good trade.

Reply to Msg #247
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13786 reads

Message #248 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Conor
Conor  
Date:  5/26/06, 9:25am
Sorry, I just remember you traded away Figgins...in this case I feel your starting line up should look like this...

C LoDuca
1B Ortiz
2B Soriano
3B Tracy
SS Lugo/Cabrera
OF C. Lee
OF Rios
OF Crawford
UTIL Burrell
UTIL Sexson

I also didn't realize you have 2 UTIL spots.

I still say you outta go out and get a new SS but perhaps it's not as important as I made it out to be before. I wouldn't use Castillo unless you're playing a team that usually puts up a lot of SB's and I would use him in the UTIL spot and take out Sexson. All and all it looks like a good offense, especially if it's a 10-12+ team league.

Reply to Msg #248
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13783 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter