BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40272
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "PlayerTrack update and podcast coming soon..." Thread

Message #376 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  PlayerTrack update and podcast coming soon...
Date:  6/16/08, 7:13pm
graphic
I have been receiving a lot of emails regarding the lack of podcasts, and I apologize for that. The jab by Mr. Patrick Dicaprio on fantasybaseballgenerals.com this afternoon was the last straw (but I thank him for it)... and while the tone of that sentence reads serious, it isn't intended to be.

So, for you regular listeners, I have a PlayerTrack.com coupon code coming along with a new update within the next few days.

This will give me plenty of fodder to discuss low-performers who I think will heat up and vice versa. So, for you cheap-os, you'll get a sneak peek for free.

As an added benefit to playertrack.com users, I have added the sabermetric of BABIP (avg on balls in play) which is a great indicator to use in order to determine a player's "luck" factor when it comes to hitting. The BABIP stat has been updated so that it applies from 2004 to the present.

Thanks for looking out for the podcast!

Reply to Msg #376
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

322 reads

Message #377 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: PlayerTrack update and podcast coming soon...
Date:  6/18/08, 1:30pm (Last Edited: 6/18/08, 1:30pm)
Rob -

Thank you for adding this to Player Track. A must use for buy low/sell high players. Any chance this gets added for the pitchers as well?

Reply to Msg #377
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

1468 reads

Message #378 of 405  *NEW*
To:  john.reiss
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: PlayerTrack update and podcast coming soon...
Date:  6/19/08, 9:34am
graphic
>Rob -
>
>Thank you for adding this to Player Track. A must use for buy
>low/sell high players. Any chance this gets added for the
>pitchers as well?

Absolutely. I *THINK* that the system currently counts HRs and Hs allowed by pitchers, so it might be easier to incorporate than I think... you'll know within the next few days (as early as today)... I'll update here and mention it on the next podcast.

Reply to Msg #378
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

10120 reads

Message #379 of 405  *NEW*
To:  john.reiss
Rob Reed  
Subject:  BABIP for pitchers in PlayerTrack
Date:  6/19/08, 1:42pm
graphic
It is active now, and I have to say that it is an awesome feature. As of 5/29/08, Andrew Miller tops the list with the highest BABIP, which is a good indicator that he will get better as the season progresses.

The only setback with the BABIP is that I do not figure SF in the calculation (because playertrack does not keep track of that stat). But, as those are relatively rare (ask Adam Dunn), I don't think it makes a HUGE difference.

Reply to Msg #379
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

10119 reads

Message #380 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
brian.joura  
Subject:  Re: BABIP for pitchers in PlayerTrack
Date:  6/20/08, 9:20am
graphic
"As of 5/29/08, Andrew Miller tops the list with the highest BABIP, which is a good indicator that he will get better as the season progresses."

Either that or he gets sent back to the minors

Reply to Msg #380
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

8445 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter