BaseballGeeks
User: Guest147131
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Good Ol' Days Coming to an end " Thread

Message #124 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Boogaman  
Subject:  Good Ol' Days Coming to an end
Date:  2/10/04, 10:07am
I found this story interesting about how the Cubs have managed to raise revenue and how the Cubs are decreasing the number of day games they play. I love watching day games and the Cubs on WGN and it has been a part of baseball for a long time. I wish they would do more day games.

Reply to Msg #124
Back to Topics

3648 reads

1195 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #125 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Boogaman
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Good Ol' Days Coming to an en
Date:  2/10/04, 3:11pm
Definitely an interesting article, but one thing glared at me... maybe the author was being sarcastic. If not, I want to try and figure out how to build a building that is accessible to viewing inside Dodger Stadium.The author says that the Tribune has made a deal where the Cubs get 17% of the revenue from the rooftop seat owners. The author further states that this is about 1.5 million.Doing the math (and I actually made a number of games error I think... 82, rather than 81 home games per year), it works out like this:Based on the author's figures, the rooftop owners make $107,604 PER game, if there were 82 homegames.Talk about lucrative. Seems a little high to me...

Reply to Msg #125
Back to Topics

4349 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter