BaseballGeeks
User: Guest41001
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Abreu-Contreras trade in the works for Philly and Chisox? " Thread

Message #1802 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Abreu-Contreras trade in the works for Philly and Chisox?
Date:  1/23/06, 2:38pm
Do the Phils management know something we don't? Why aren't they doing everything in their power to KEEP Abreu, rather than shop around?

I think Contreras would be great in the NL, but at the expense of losing one of the best all-around players in baseball?

Reply to Msg #1802
Back to Topics

2147 reads

1110 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1809 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Special K  
Subject:  Re: Abreu-Contreras trade in the works for Philly and Chisox?
Date:  1/23/06, 8:33pm
I couldn't agree more. Bobby Abreu is one of, if not the best, all around baseball players in the MLB today. He is a five tool player that does everything the Phillies have asked him to do (including an incredible performance in the Home Run Derby). He along with Jimmy Rollins are the heart of the Philadelphia team. They should not do this trade because in return they would be getting a pitcher who has had two mediocre seasons and a few not so great seasons. Contreras has a great upside and his potential is incredible. But I think that Contreras will never mean to his team what Abreu already does. This trade is not worth it just to get a solid pitcher. The Phillies should stick with the allstar they have and not trade him away.

Reply to Msg #1809
Back to Topics

3138 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter