BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40535
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Former Dodger and Met Kaz Ishii returns to Japan " Thread

Message #1803 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Anonymous  
Subject:  Former Dodger and Met Kaz Ishii returns to Japan
Date:  1/23/06, 4:54pm
After a four-year Major League stint, it looks like the Ishii experiment failed.

Reply to Msg #1803
Back to Topics

4443 reads

1886 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

David Crane 's Blog

Message #1807 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
David Crane  
Subject:  Re: Former Dodger and Met Kaz Ishii returns to Japan
Date:  1/23/06, 6:17pm
You know what, I feel ishii was a more or less a good pitcher for the dogers. He did have soe rough times but as i said, he was the kind of pitchers the dodgers need. Last season they were struggling and especially comming to the end of the season they just died and gave up. Pitching is what dodgers need.

Reply to Msg #1807
Back to Topics

4951 reads

Message #1812 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  David Crane
Special K  
Date:  1/23/06, 9:14pm
Ishii never turned out to be the player that he was touted to be. He was very inconsistent and never developed into a solid starting pitcher in the states. I think hes idea to move back to Japan is smart because he can be a very succesful pitcher there rather than being a weak 4th or 5th starter or even a long relief pitcher here. Ishii made the right decision and in being a die-hard Dodger fan, I wish him the best of luck in the rest of his career.

Reply to Msg #1812
Back to Topics

4949 reads

Message #1813 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Special K
Jaydawg  
Date:  1/23/06, 10:03pm (Last Edited: 1/23/06, 10:04pm)
I agree.. Kaz never lived up to his potential. He had a decent curve that looked similar to Fernando Valenzuela's. But, he always had control problems. Rarely would an inning go by when Ishii didn't walk at least two batters. It was also quite common that Kaz would throw at least 70 pitches by the fourth inning.

Reply to Msg #1813
Back to Topics

4947 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter