BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40834
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "One day after BGeeks mod Jaydawg sends Bonds an email asking why he hasn't updated his blog since October, we get a blog update announcing he will not play in the WBC " Thread

Message #1804 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  One day after BGeeks mod Jaydawg sends Bonds an email asking why he hasn't updated his blog since October, we get a blog update announcing he will not play in the WBC
Date:  1/23/06, 6:03pm
Coincidence? I think not.

Baybo announces that he will NOT be playing in the World Baseball Classic, and he addresses the "batting second" issue, as follows:

Contrary to media reports this past weekend, I did not speak to the press formally nor informally, regarding Felipe's comments about the batting line-up. I didn't speak to the media because I didn't want it to be a distraction. It upsets me that a private conversation would end up published, misinterpreted possibly because of a language barrier and be taken entirely out of context. The reason I took this trip was to support Juan and hopefully bring more awareness to his foundation's causes, as well as visit with President Fernandez.

Reply to Msg #1804
Back to Topics

2361 reads

889 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1811 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: One day after BGeeks mod Jaydawg sends Bonds an email asking why he hasn't updated his blog since October, we get a blog update announcing he will not play in the WBC
Date:  1/23/06, 9:08pm
Surprise, surprise!! Looks like my e-mail and the hundreds of others sent yesterday to the Bonds site did the trick. But, Barry gave no explanation as to why he didn't respond to fans e-mails for the past three months. What ever happened to all the prizes and shout outs? Surely, Ba-Bo could have found some time to spend on his website during his days of R&R and I'm sure he had access to a computer, even in the Bahamas. Like I said, it's all about walking the walk.

Sidenote: Has anybody noticed how Ba-Bo is looking trimmer lately? I guess his buddies at BALCO are out of the picture now.

Reply to Msg #1811
Back to Topics

3108 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter