BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40867
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Jays are very close to signing Bengie Molina " Thread

Message #1990 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Jays are very close to signing Bengie Molina
Date:  2/06/06, 11:50am
This is huge.

As I said in our most recent podcast, I predict the Blue Jays to be very good in 2006. If the Blue Jays make this deal, I am even more certain that the Blue Jays will make the playoffs in 2006.

Reply to Msg #1990
Back to Topics

5426 reads

1776 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1997 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Jays are very close to signing Bengie Molina
Date:  2/6/06, 8:55pm
It's official... The Jays have signed Molina to a one year/ $5 mil. contract. Excellent move by Toronto. I'll expect them to be competing with the Red Sox for the Wild Card. But, if Boston loses Manny, it's all theirs.

Reply to Msg #1997
Back to Topics

6031 reads

Message #1998 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Guest6433 (IP: 71.103.89.5)  
Date:  2/6/06, 9:55pm
I hope Bengie has a great year in Toronto. Hard to believe that there were no taker's until now. I am guessing his agent Scott Boras was to blame. Bengie is a clutch hitter. But he has to be. He is so slow when he hits a home run they go to a commercial break. Thanks for the memories Bengie (Angels Fan)
~Butch

Reply to Msg #1998
Back to Topics

6029 reads

Message #1999 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest6433 (IP: 71.103.89.5)
Reedster  
Date:  2/6/06, 9:58pm (Last Edited: 2/6/06, 9:58pm)
>Hard to believe that there were no taker's until now.

No kidding. Bengie had a really nice season last season. I am incredibly surprised that he didn't go to the Dodgers, but from the article, it looked like it COULD have been a possibility if the Dodgers didn't have such good prospects at catcher.

I understand completely why he decided against the Dodgers.

I don't understand why there weren't more takers.

Tampa Bay immediately comes to mind (because we just looked at them in our last podcast). Their catching crew leaves a lot to be desired... with this pickup, their lineup would have immediately looked better.

Reply to Msg #1999
Back to Topics

6024 reads

Message #2005 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Date:  2/7/06, 8:14pm
The Dodgers weren't the right fit for Molina. They already have a promising young prospect in Dioner "Little Pudgito" Navarro with Sandy Alomar Jr. as his backup. On the other hand, Toronto was in desperate need of a catcher and Bengie was the best one available. The A.L. East will be the toughest, by far, in '06. Toronto's 3-4-5 (Vernon Wells, Troy Glaus, and Lyle Overbay) should be able to hold its own against the Yankees and Red Sox.

Reply to Msg #2005
Back to Topics

6024 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter