BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40015
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Sammy Sosa is Considering Retirement " Thread

Message #2062 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Sammy Sosa is Considering Retirement
Date:  2/12/06, 8:58pm
In a way, I can't blame Sammy Sosa for considering retirement. The one-year offer of $500K is an insult for a guy who has put up those astronomical numbers. Sammy has always been one of my favorite players since he arrived with the Cubs. His fan-friendly personality was tailor-made for the atmosphere of Wrigley Field. I love the way he's always pumped his fist and fingers at his chest and mouth as a way of acknowledging the crowd after making a tough play or hitting a home run. But, my admiration for Sammy went down a notch--though, it's still high-- when he testified last spring in front of the congressional judiciary committee. He pretended like he barely understood English. Any average fan of Sosa's knows that he's pretty fluent in the language. But, at least he was "willing to talk about the past", unlike McGwire.

Reply to Msg #2062
Back to Topics

2524 reads

1085 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2069 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Sammy Sosa is Considering Retirement
Date:  2/13/06, 10:13am
All he needs to do is take the offer (surely laden with incentives) and prove all of the naysayers wrong.

The fact he is considering retirement tells me two things: (1) steroids just might have substantially contributed to his game; and/or (2) he personally doesn't think he has anything left in the tank.

Last year's AVG and OBP numbers were downright embarrassing for a player of his caliber.

Reply to Msg #2069
Back to Topics

3119 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter