BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39450
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "'Ned Colletti had quite a mess on his hands when he was hired three months ago as general manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He appears to have done a pretty good job of cleaning it up.' " Thread

Message #2098 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  'Ned Colletti had quite a mess on his hands when he was hired three months ago as general manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He appears to have done a pretty good job of cleaning it up.'
Date:  2/15/06, 2:01pm
Says Colletti:

"I think our infield is stronger," Colletti said. "We'll probably going to need perfect health in the outfield. J.D. (Drew) has got to be able to come back and play.

"I think our bullpen, if Eric (Gagne) can come back to full strength, has a chance to be deeper. The starting rotation, we hope to get 180-plus innings out of the five that are penciled in right now. I think they're all capable of it."

No sh&^!@$%!

But, I personally think that Drew will be fine... Gagne, on the other hand, is likely to be like other pitchers coming off of surgery (lousy until the following season).

Hope I'm wrong about Gagne.

But, on a fantasy level, I don't want him THIS year. NEXT year (especially if this year is lousy, meaning his value drops), for certain.

Reply to Msg #2098
Back to Topics

3216 reads

1025 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2106 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
squanto  
Subject:  Re: 'Ned Colletti had quite a mess on his hands when he was hired three months ago as general manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He appears to have done a pretty good job of cleaning it up.'
Date:  2/16/06, 6:58am
graphic
I had Gagne last year on my team...

As a true Dodger fan I have to expect that Gagne will not return to greatness, J.D. Drew will be injured by the All-Star Break, and Brad Penny will be clutching his arm the first game of Spring Training. Gotta set expectations low so I'm not too disappointed!

Seriously, I'm excited about the Dodgers this coming season, especially Furcal and Garciaparra. And I hope that Navarro develops quickly into a great catcher. Hopefully there can be some good clubhouse chemistry as well.

What a let-down last season was, especially after enjoying the exciting finish of the previous year, specifically Finley's slam.

Reply to Msg #2106
Back to Topics

3762 reads

Message #2111 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  squanto
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: 'Ned Colletti had quite a mess on his hands when he was hired three months ago as general manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He appears to have done a pretty good job of cleaning it up.'
Date:  2/16/06, 9:00am
Gagne went for $27 in my money league. That manager came in last place. Over 10% of his available salary went to dead weight.

>As a true Dodger fan I have to expect that Gagne will not
>return to greatness, J.D. Drew will be injured by the All-Star
>Break, and Brad Penny will be clutching his arm the first game
>of Spring Training. Gotta set expectations low so I'm not too
>disappointed!

LOL. You are obviously a true Dodger fan who has been invested in the team for quite some time. I think I have felt the way you describe, above, since 1989.

>Seriously, I'm excited about the Dodgers this coming season,
>especially Furcal and Garciaparra. And I hope that Navarro
>develops quickly into a great catcher. Hopefully there can be
>some good clubhouse chemistry as well.

I'm with you. Navarro was, quietly, very good last year... and I think he is going to surprise many (probably a top 15 catcher in fantasy).

Lofton is old. Old enough to steal 15 or so bases last year. For the first time in recent memory (old memory? Dave Lopes?), the Dodgers are going to be a RUNNING team.

>What a let-down last season was, especially after enjoying the
>exciting finish of the previous year, specifically Finley's
>slam.

I was pumping gas at a 76 station (I guess, fitting), as I listened to that Finley at bat. A friend ended up hooking me up with playoff tickets to the Lima playoff win. That was a fantastic game. Indeed, I was let down in 2005, too.

I honestly believe that with the crew the Dodgers had LAST year, they could have easily taken the NL West. Remember: last year's team had the best start in DODGER HISTORY, until injuries knocked em out.

If Drew and Penny stay healthy, expect great things!

Reply to Msg #2111
Back to Topics

3760 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter