BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40094
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Darren Dreifort retires. If I could make millions and millions of dollars just by severely injuring my arm, I would do it in a second " Thread

Message #2221 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Darren Dreifort retires. If I could make millions and millions of dollars just by severely injuring my arm, I would do it in a second
Date:  2/23/06, 10:57am
Shouts the Dodger faithful: "Good riddance!"

Reply to Msg #2221
Back to Topics

2447 reads

1126 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2226 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Darren Dreifort retires. If I could make millions and millions of dollars just by severely injuring my arm, I would do it in a second
Date:  2/23/06, 9:19pm
I believe Darren Dreifort has another year or two left on his 5 yr./$55 million contract. What a lucky guy!!! Recently, Michael Jordan made an interesting observation on today's athletes compared to when he started in the pros. He said that players are now paid on potential rather than performance. Dreifort came first to mind when Jordan said it and it's 100% accurate. When M.J. joined the NBA, he actually had to "earn" the big Nike deal. This is another reason why salaries have hit the stratosphere, but at least the NBA has kept much of it under control with a salary cap, unlike Major League Baseball.

Reply to Msg #2226
Back to Topics

3133 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter