BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40698
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "No joke: Detroit might be this year`s White Sox " Thread

Message #2348 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  No joke: Detroit might be this year`s White Sox
Date:  3/02/06, 08:06am
graphic
Wow...I could not believe this when I read the article. If a professional gambler said it, it must be true. Tiger's fans will love his analysis of each positional player...appartently they all have hall of fame potential.

OE

Detroit has lost at least 90 games in seven of the last eight years, including each of the past five seasons. That’s all part of what adds up to 12 consecutive losing years in the Motor City.

The Tigers’ last division title came in 1987.

This gory history doesn’t mean anything to professional gambler Russ Culver, though.

“The Tigers are this year’s version of the White Sox,” he said.

Wow.

That’s a mouthful considering the Tigers finished 28 games behind their division rival in 2005. But Culver loves the Tigers to go above their posted over/under season win total, which is as low as 76 ½ at the Las Vegas Hilton.

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #2348
Back to Topics

3401 reads

1179 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2355 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: No joke: Detroit might be this year`s White Sox
Date:  3/2/06, 8:38am
Then... why am I laughing?!?!?!

Just kidding, OE and Tigers' fans!!! Seriously, there are some good components on the Tigers. Gregg and I are due to do the AL Central predictions this week, so stay tuned.

I can confidently say before I sit down and look at it that I predict the Tigers will stay ahead of K.C.!

Reply to Msg #2355
Back to Topics

4322 reads

Message #2357 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: No joke: Detroit might be this year`s White Sox
Date:  3/2/06, 8:41am
graphic
No need to rescind the laughing comment Reedster. I was too when I read this. This guy probably likes the Lion's chances to win the Super Bowl next year.

Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #2357
Back to Topics

4322 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter