BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39985
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Hall of Famer Willie McCovey thinks allegations against Bonds are racially motivated " Thread

Message #2491 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Hall of Famer Willie McCovey thinks allegations against Bonds are racially motivated
Date:  3/09/06, 4:36pm
Well, we knew this was coming, didn't we? Unless Hank Aaron is white with a major suntan, there is little credibility to the claim.

We have just time travelled back to 1974.

Reply to Msg #2491
Back to Topics

2826 reads

1633 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2497 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: Hall of Famer Willie McCovey thinks allegations against Bonds are racially motivated
Date:  3/9/06, 9:59pm
I can't believe it took someone to throw the race card. I was expecting this ort of reaction sooner. Anything Bonds supporters can throw at the media to save Bond's ass they will say. I don't care if it was Willy McCovey. As for what he said about McGwire and scrutiny, I disagree with Mr. McCovey. He would be a media target and being called a cheater. Did he not see McGwire on capital hill? A few months back? Good thing he is retired after that lame testimony. Sammy Sosa, who is black by race but not Dominican/LAtino by culture, faces scrutiny. Retired Latino Hall of Fmaers didn't throw the race card the way McCovey has. Bonds is a target because 1) he just mightbe the best hitter of all time whether you wish to admit that or not 2)he was skinny and then suddenly became the incredible hulk 3) is associated with BALCO 4)has never been a media darling 5)has horrible P.R. people. Sure there are prejudices out there in baseball just as in every other American facet, but give me a break. As a Latino, if that were me and some retired Hall of Famer threw the race card on my behalf, I would have corrected that personally in peron and with the media. Stephen A. or Tony and Mike from PTI wopuld get the exclusive!!! Plus, I forgot to mention that there are shady people in this world who look to exploit people's miseries to make a buck for themsleves. Get over it folks. I just wish that people and the media would let Barry play out his last season without all this crap because he is a phenominal ball player and this sort of thing can wear on his mental which in turn can affect his game. You know we all are glued to the tv everytime we get achance to catch him at the plate whether you like him or not.

Reply to Msg #2497
Back to Topics

3709 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter