BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39469
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Says Johnny Damon on the Red Sox nation: 'Unfortunately, the loyalty of the fans always stays...' You may not be surprised to learn that the Red Sox Chick gets pissed off " Thread

Message #2679 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Says Johnny Damon on the Red Sox nation: 'Unfortunately, the loyalty of the fans always stays...' You may not be surprised to learn that the Red Sox Chick gets pissed off
Date:  3/21/06, 5:04pm
Says the RSC:

Unfortunately, Johnny? If not for the loyalty of Red Sox Nation, you would have been booed mercilessly your first time in Fenway after your stupid book came out. If not for the loyalty of Red Sox Nation, you'd still be just another baseball player who tried to get his freak on by ditching his wife, marrying a plastic showpiece, and growing his hair. The loyalty of Red Sox fans made you who you are today, pal.

You gotta love her.

Reply to Msg #2679
Back to Topics

3613 reads

1675 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2681 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Says Johnny Damon on the Red Sox nation: 'Unfortunately, the loyalty of the fans always stays...' You may not be surprised to learn that the Red Sox Chick gets pissed off
Date:  3/21/06, 7:58pm
Unfortunately, the players have become less loyal to the fans as the salaries have continued to reach the stratosphere and beyond. With an MLB salary cap-- when it happens-- you'll see many players spending their careers with one team once again. Don't get me wrong... I have no problem with players becoming multi-millionaires, but there needs to be a little check and balance. It works in the NFL and NBA. The problem in baseball is that the thunderous rise in salaries adds up to big increases in the price of tickets and even parking at the ballparks. Ten to fifteen bucks to simply park your car at the stadium is absolutely ridiculous. Yet, despite all this, the fans have remained loyal to their teams for the most part. The players should remember that their loyalty is the main reason why they are able to fluorish in "the show". Before thinking about getting that top dollar, the players should think about the average hard-working loyal fans who sacrifice a lot just to see them play.

Reply to Msg #2681
Back to Topics

4163 reads

Message #2684 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
redsoxchick  
Subject:  Re: Says Johnny Damon on the Red Sox nation: 'Unfortunately, the loyalty of the fans always stays...' You may not be surprised to learn that the Red Sox Chick gets pissed off
Date:  3/22/06, 6:58am
You can say it about a lot of fan bases, I'm sure, but speaking as strictly a Red Sox fan here, it's why the fans give certain players more leeway than others. Tim Wakefield took a lesser contract than he could have received somewhere else to stay in Boston. Ditto for Mike Timlin and, a few years back, Gabe Kapler AND Trot Nixon. Those are guys who could pretty much kill their grandmother on national tv and the Sox fans would still love them. It's also why so many Sox fans are so very upset about Bronson Arroyo getting traded.

Had Johnny taken that "offensive" offer from the Red Sox, he would have finished his baseball days as a God - regardless of how well he ever played again. He felt the money (and, in my belief anyway, the 'mystique' of being a Yankee), was more important.

All this 'bad' publicity Johnny is getting is exactly what he wanted.

And, to get back on your topic, I'm all for a salary cap, dammit!

> Unfortunately, the players have become less loyal to the
>fans as the salaries have continued to reach the stratosphere
>and beyond. With an MLB salary cap-- when it happens-- you'll
>see many players spending their careers with one team once
>again. Don't get me wrong... I have no problem with players
>becoming multi-millionaires, but there needs to be a little
>check and balance. It works in the NFL and NBA. The problem
>in baseball is that the thunderous rise in salaries adds up to
>big increases in the price of tickets and even parking at the
>ballparks. Ten to fifteen bucks to simply park your car at
>the stadium is absolutely ridiculous. Yet, despite all this,
>the fans have remained loyal to their teams for the most part.
> The players should remember that their loyalty is the main
>reason why they are able to fluorish in "the show". Before
>thinking about getting that top dollar, the players should
>think about the average hard-working loyal fans who sacrifice
>a lot just to see them play.
>
>

Reply to Msg #2684
Back to Topics

4159 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter