BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40568
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Power Rankings: All right already, White Sox are No. 1 " Thread

Message #2695 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Power Rankings: All right already, White Sox are No. 1
Date:  3/22/06, 12:01pm
graphic
I understand this is a pre-season power ranking, but the Dodgers at #19 and the Tigers at #25?

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #2695
Back to Topics

6368 reads

843 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2697 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: Power Rankings: All right already, White Sox are No. 1
Date:  3/22/06, 12:18pm
graphic
The Tigers are going to win the AL Central !!!

Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #2697
Back to Topics

7037 reads

Message #2700 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds
attacksquad  
Date:  3/22/06, 3:31pm
Who does this stuff? I have a big problem with Cleveland being ranked ahead of the Yankees, and am on the fence as far as them being better than Boston. Don't get me worng, I like the make up of the Indians, big fan of Sizemore and MArtinez. To me, they haven't been in the playoffs to be ranked ahead of playoff proven teams like the Yankees or Red Sox. I can understand if that changes this year, but at this pint in time, I am not feelin' it. The Yankees got Damon and all the usual sluggers. Yes, their ptiching isn't worthy of their salaries (PAvano, Wright) but Chacon and Wang are solid and will get run support with those big bats. Boston still has bonafied studs in Big Papi and Manny. They picked up Beckett who will be solid and Coco has stud potential. This is why these rankings are wrong. There are a couple of other questionables, but these are the big ones.

Reply to Msg #2700
Back to Topics

7036 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

Message #2707 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad
The Olde English Ds  
Date:  3/23/06, 5:38am
graphic
I agree with Attck on his points. Seeing the Indians at the #3 spot made me do a double take. The Indians have an up-and-coming young team, but they need to earn such respect before it is just handed over to them. Of course, I enjoy having 2 AL Central teams in the top 3. It is nice the AL Central is getting respect after being down for a few years. I still don't believe there are only 7 teams in all of baseball considered weaker than my Tigers.

Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #2707
Back to Topics

7035 reads

Message #2710 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad
drrubb  
Date:  3/23/06, 6:16am
As much as I HATE to say it, the Yankees should be at the top of the power rankings, but only because of the rediculous insane amount of money they have. They can buy a championship every year. Unfortunately, most of the time it's all about the money & spending power. The have & have nots. Unlike other major league teams, the Yankees have NO EXCUSE for failure! EVER! They have all the money, all the power, all the glitz & glamour. Sadly & unfortunately, all of the other major league teams are really just like the Yankees farm system because they can cherry pick the best talent & free agents with their financial power. They are baseball's version of a rapist, but they are glorified for it.

Reply to Msg #2710
Back to Topics

7033 reads

Message #2711 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
The Olde English Ds  
Date:  3/23/06, 6:45am
graphic
I still think the White Sox are the best team in baseball following their World Series victory. They improved their team in the off-season and should be on top of the power rankings until another team proves they are better during the season.

Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #2711
Back to Topics

7030 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter