BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40693
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Rookie Josh Barfield (Jesse's son) wins second base job over Mark Bellhorn " Thread

Message #2797 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Rookie Josh Barfield (Jesse's son) wins second base job over Mark Bellhorn
Date:  3/28/06, 7:30pm
Bruce Bochy made the right decision. How can you deny Barfield the starting spot with a hot spring training average of .386, in favor of Bellhorn who's hitting under the Mendoza Line? It doesn't matter whether or not Bellhorn is the established star at the position. If he wants the starting role back, then he has to earn it. Kudos to Bochy!!!! Many other managers would've bowed down to Bellhorn in that situation, regardless of performance.

Reply to Msg #2797
Back to Topics

2751 reads

1618 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2803 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: Rookie Josh Barfield (Jesse's son) wins second base job over Mark Bellhorn
Date:  3/28/06, 10:18pm
I couldn't agree with you more. Star or not, you have to earn your spot. Barfield will add youth and fire to that line up. He has good wheels too which is what the Padres need. They cannot win by homering in that park. They are going to have to play small ball and steal some bases. Barfield is a pick up I just made in all my leagues. I think he is the one true sleeper (even though I hate that word) that didn't make the fantasy magazines at the beginning of the year. Baseball and San Diego need a reason to watch the Pads again.

Reply to Msg #2803
Back to Topics

3438 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter