BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39184
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks PodCast #14 is as cold as leftovers being as we recorded yesterday and are finally getting it up now... details on the delay in the thread" Thread

Message #3005 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks PodCast #14 is as cold as leftovers being as we recorded yesterday and are finally getting it up now... details on the delay in the thread
Date:  4/09/06, 6:36pm
Summary: Baseballgeeks stories of Week 1; Who's Hot from Week 1 in hitting and pitching; Fantasy Forecast for Week 2; a brief look at our personal week in fantasy; False Rumors. We produced on a Mac this week and there was a huge learning curve, so sorry for the delay!

About 55 minutes...

Produced the voices on my PC, and did post production on the Mac in Garageband. We were able to add some interesting new features in sound to help contribute to the attempts at hilarity.

About ten hours of learning curve finally figuring out how to convert an mac sound file into a simple mp3. I tried to get chapters to work, etc., but I couldn't this week... maybe next after some more learning curve time.

Our fantasy portion will improve in future weeks. We realized a bit late that it is much harder to analyze baseball when the season has started... much easier to do when no games are being played (from the obvious file).

Thanks for listening...

Reply to Msg #3005
Back to Topics

5651 reads

997 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3013 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #14 is as cold as leftovers being as we recorded yesterday and are finally getting it up now... details on the delay in the thread
Date:  4/10/06, 9:38am
graphic
I guess we'll give you this free pass just once. Keep up the good work.

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #3013
Back to Topics

7150 reads

Message #3016 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #14 is as cold as leftovers being as we recorded yesterday and are finally getting it up now... details on the delay in the thread
Date:  4/10/06, 1:10pm
>I guess we'll give you this free pass just once. Keep up the
>good work.

Thanks. You got a mention about 15 or so minutes in when we talk about Anna Benson, thanking you for the photos in the Benson divorce thread.

Reply to Msg #3016
Back to Topics

7147 reads

Message #3027 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
normsy  
Date:  4/11/06, 12:08pm
I'm going to continue my trend of correcting you guys on the most menial of things. It's not ahn-drew, it's pronounced just like "andrew." http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?stats
Id=5681

Gives you a pronounciation guide there.
Other than that, great podcast, as usual. You guys have actually inspired a fiend and I to have a podcast about politics, because we're policy geeks.

Reply to Msg #3027
Back to Topics

7143 reads

Message #3035 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  normsy
Reedster  
Date:  4/12/06, 9:05am
>I'm going to continue my trend of correcting you guys on the
>most menial of things. It's not ahn-drew, it's pronounced
>just like "andrew."
>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?stats
Id=5681

>Gives you a pronounciation guide there.
>Other than that, great podcast, as usual. You guys have
>actually inspired a fiend and I to have a podcast about
>politics, because we're policy geeks.

Score one for me! I deserve an apology, Gregg!

Reply to Msg #3035
Back to Topics

4836 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter