BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40426
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Can Bonds catch up to Hank Aaron's record? According to him, 'HECK NO!!' " Thread

Message #3207 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Can Bonds catch up to Hank Aaron's record? According to him, 'HECK NO!!'
Date:  4/24/06, 8:35pm
Obviously, the pressure is getting to Bonds. At this point, he's probably thinking how it won't be worth it if there will be an asterisk controversy. Without a doubt, Bud Selig must be privately hoping that he'll never have to deal with this issue. Rob Dibble, of "The Best Damn Sports Show Period", made a prediction of Barry not even making it to the All-Star break. But, I say that he'll hang up his cleats at the end of the season and still be short of Aaron's record by at least 15-20 homers.

Reply to Msg #3207
Back to Topics

5146 reads

1716 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3213 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Can Bonds catch up to Hank Aaron's record? According to him, 'HECK NO!!'
Date:  4/25/06, 8:18am
If I were Barry Bonds, since he has already been painted as a bad guy, I would say the hell with what everybody else thinks & go after it, even if there will be an asterik controversy. He is already pretty much hated anyway, regardless of what he does so he might as well go down "swinging". If he retires now or atleast doesn't continue to try to break Aaron's record, he only circums to the media, baseball powers that be, & baseball purist & admits defeat. If I were Bonds, I would go after that record & shove it up Bud Selig's ass. We still don't have hard concrete evidence that Bond's took steroids although most of us suspect that he has. He has still not failed any drug test "so far atleast" in his playing career & he has not been proven guilty yet that he definately took steroids. I don't necessarily like Bonds. I'm for one am indifferent, but I don't think he should give up because people associated with major league baseball & the media says he should or pressure him to do so. One of the hardest things to do in sports(all of sports) is to hit a baseball & do it well. Bonds has hit 708 home runs(steroids or not), That is still pretty damn tough to do. The only reason that Bonds should even consider retiring is if he has totally lost the passion & love for the game or his body tells him & him only that it's time to. I may sound pro Bonds with this post, but I'm really not. I'm just trying to put myself if Bonds' shoes as if I were Barry Bonds & looking at it from that perspective.

Reply to Msg #3213
Back to Topics

6114 reads

Message #3220 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Guest13808 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Subject:  Re: Can Bonds catch up to Hank Aaron's record? According to him, 'HECK NO!!'
Date:  4/26/06, 8:38am
Having watched Bonds a bunch of times this year, he's shot. He can't even run or move around anymore. He's finally starting to look old, like Willie Mays with Mets.

Reply to Msg #3220
Back to Topics

2314 reads

Message #3236 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
attacksquad  
Date:  4/26/06, 3:18pm
Good post. My entourage and I discussed this before. I always tell them he should just make like Kobe and market the bad boy role. He is branded already, guilty or innocent. I can see his Nike commercial now, in black and white with some deep and dramatic sounding music. The words would say almost the same thing as Kobe's, but his would say "hate my swagger, hate my power,my skills, hate my muscles, hate me being black, or love me for the same reason....the New Nike Juice...only at Foot Locker". And for all you Bonds Haters of the world, you damn good and well your eyes would be glued to the tv watching Barry if all he needs is one homerun to break Hank's record.

Reply to Msg #3236
Back to Topics

6107 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter