BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40616
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Five players on the rise " Thread

Message #3386 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Anonymous  
Subject:  Five players on the rise
Date:  5/06/06, 01:00am
Good selection here and useful for fantasy purposes. Nick Johnson had two HRs tonight. He is looking very nice.

Reply to Msg #3386
Back to Topics

3830 reads

991 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3387 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
Conor  
Subject:  Re: Five players on the rise
Date:  5/6/06, 10:06am
if you haven't known about these guys for the past year or two (or three) then you probably don't follow baseball very well (and prob aren't doing very well in your fantasy league)

Reply to Msg #3387
Back to Topics

4600 reads

Message #3389 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Conor
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Five players on the rise
Date:  5/6/06, 1:06pm
I agree Conor. Johnson, Gomes, & Mench were hitting pretty well last year almost all season long. Webb & Lee have been productive for atleast 2 or 3 years now. All 5 of these guys were on the rise last year.

I think I have some better candidates.

How about Hanley Ramirez & Josh Willingham on the Marlins? No one really knew about the guys until this season. They are good young solid players who I think will only get better. Ryan Langerhans with Atlanta? Xavier Nady with the NY Mets? Edwin Encarnacion & Brandon Phillips with Cincinnati? Jason Lane with Houston? Prine Fielder with Milwaukee? You could also make a cases for Rickie Weeks & JJ Hardy. Conor Jackson with Arizona? Josh Barfield with San Diego? Garrett Atkins with Colorado? Kevin Youkilis with Boston? Alex Rios(can you say underated?) with Toronto? Ty Wigginton & Damon Hollins with Tampa Bay? Those 2 have never really been good until this season. Maybe they are maturing as players. Chris Shelton with Detroit? Nick Swisher with Oakland?

Reply to Msg #3389
Back to Topics

4598 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter