BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39975
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Nick Swisher leads Oakland starters in home runs, RBI's and average, but is not on the All-Star ballot.... Here's a write-in for you... " Thread

Message #3497 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Nick Swisher leads Oakland starters in home runs, RBI's and average, but is not on the All-Star ballot.... Here's a write-in for you...
Date:  5/18/06, 9:13pm
One reason why Swisher isn't on the ballot is because he's a multi-position player. But, obviously, he's the most deserving Athletic to be playing in the classic at PNC Park.

Reply to Msg #3497
Back to Topics

5063 reads

1622 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3498 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Nick Swisher leads Oakland starters in home runs, RBI's and average, but is not on the All-Star ballot.... Here's a write-in for you...
Date:  5/19/06, 5:57am
Despite his multi-positional status, this guy should be on the all-star team the way he has looked so far. However, there is still some 30 or 40 games to go before the all star break. I sometimes think they come out with the ballots too early.

Reply to Msg #3498
Back to Topics

6169 reads

Message #3500 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Conor  
Subject:  Re: Nick Swisher leads Oakland starters in home runs, RBI's and average, but is not on the All-Star ballot.... Here's a write-in for you...
Date:  5/19/06, 8:01am
The ballots are printed before the season starts. It's why guys like Alex Rios and Nick Swisher aren't on it and guys like Ian Kinsler and Brian Roberts are. Guys like Rios and Swisher will make the team, it'll just be a shame that just because they aren't on the ballot they prob won't make the starting squad.

Reply to Msg #3500
Back to Topics

6167 reads

Message #3519 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Conor
drrubb  
Date:  5/21/06, 5:48am
Wow! I actually did not know that about the all star ballots coming out before the season even starts. How idiotic? I think that should somehow be changed if that's possible. Your right about Swisher & Rios. These guys have been tearing it up! Personally, I believe Rios is very underated. I hope he continues to be underated & fly under the radar & still produce like he has so far this season. He was pretty darn good last season also. I have him in my BBM fantasy league. I love the guy. I just hope he can stay consistant & keep it up(knock on wood).

Reply to Msg #3519
Back to Topics

6167 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter