BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40712
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "John Smoltz says he's open for a trade 'if it's best for the team' " Thread

Message #3707 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  John Smoltz says he's open for a trade 'if it's best for the team'
Date:  6/20/06, 8:23pm
Now that Smoltz is on the last place Braves after being spoiled with 13 straight division pennants, you can understand why he's willing to get out of Atlanta. They're no longer the Yankees of the N.L. I wouldn't be surprised if Smoltz ends up with his hometown Tigers at this point.

Reply to Msg #3707
Back to Topics

4102 reads

1736 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3709 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: John Smoltz says he's open for a trade 'if it's best for the team'
Date:  6/21/06, 6:04am
The Braves should look to the future here. I would trade Smoltz for a couple of prospects. The Braves just need to forget about trying to win this season & start looking at next season & beyond. I invision the Braves with this starting line up for next season.

1B - Adam LaRoche or a free agent pick up there perhaps.
2B - Marcus Giles
SS - Edgar Renteria ( still has 2 or 3 more productive years I think)
3B - Wilson Betemit ( time to give this kid a full time job!) or platoon him with Chipper Jones. Chipper might be good trade bait as well. I think Chipper could also be moved to first base to platoon with LaRoche.
C - Brian McCann
RF - Ryan Langerhans or maybe a free agent signing
CF - Andruw Jones (still a young player. The Braves should lock him up. He is the Braves clean up guy & he saves you a run a game playing in CF.
LF - Jeff Francouer - is getting better. With Terry Pendleton as his hitting coach, he will learn to be more patient & take some more pitches.

The Braves main concern is pitching. With the exception of Hudson, they need a complete overhaul!

Reply to Msg #3709
Back to Topics

4874 reads

Message #3712 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Guest17265 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Subject:  Re: John Smoltz says he's open for a trade 'if it's best for the team'
Date:  6/21/06, 10:46am
The Braves have Kyle Davies and Chuck James to build a rotation around. They tried to do their bullpen on the cheap and it's killed them this year. Chrisa Reitsma as your closer? C'Mon!

Reply to Msg #3712
Back to Topics

4873 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter