BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39288
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Marlins win their ninth straight game " Thread

Message #3708 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Marlins win their ninth straight game
Date:  6/20/06, 8:32pm
Now that the D-Train is back to his old form and Mike Jacobs is hitting a hot bat, the Marlins are gaining respectability once again. They're still seven games under .500, but they're an exciting young team. It's a shame that they receive very little fan support in South Florida. They'll do much better once they get to San Antonio.

Reply to Msg #3708
Back to Topics

5451 reads

1415 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3710 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Marlins win their ninth straight game
Date:  6/21/06, 6:07am
I agree Jaydawg. However, if the Marlins organization could get a new stadium(indoors in Miami), they may draw better & have better fan support. I think people don't go to games down there because it is too damn hot. I really believe that is a major factor.

Reply to Msg #3710
Back to Topics

6098 reads

Message #3717 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Date:  6/21/06, 8:45pm
Here's a reason why moving to S.A. would be a wise move for the Marlins------ According to a report from the Census Bureau released today, San Antonio has overtaken San Diego as America's seventh most populous city.....

Reply to Msg #3717
Back to Topics

6092 reads

Message #3722 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Date:  6/23/06, 5:27am
Although I hate them leaving Florida, I agree that San Antonio would be the better move for the Marlins. Now we will be left only with the D-Rays, & I'm not even sure the D-Rays will be around much longer. I still believe the D-Rays have some of the right ideas. They have the indoor stadium. If the D-Rays would just go out & spend some money, they just may put some people in the seats.

Reply to Msg #3722
Back to Topics

6092 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter