BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40671
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "A-Rod to Phils? " Thread

Message #3891 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Anonymous  
Subject:  A-Rod to Phils?
Date:  7/21/06, 10:47am

Reply to Msg #3891
Back to Topics

3377 reads

1621 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3893 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: A-Rod to Phils?
Date:  7/22/06, 10:29am
It looks like this one is a "real" false rumor. A Philly official laughed about it after being asked and A-Rod himself said, "I would veto it" even if the rumor were true. If I were A-Rod, I'd want out of The Bronx, since the crowds there keep booing him for no apparent reason. Among all players, he's definitely in the top 3.

Reply to Msg #3893
Back to Topics

4448 reads

Message #3898 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: A-Rod to Phils?
Date:  7/23/06, 5:43am
Even if that were true, I would not give up all of those players for A Rod. I know A Rod is a great player, but Abreu, Burrell, & Rowand? Come on. A Rod can certainly put up numbers, but I still believe he is a little overhyped. He might eventually break the HR record, but can he perform under pressure in a championship situation? He has yet to prove this. He has always choked under pressure. Until he wins a champioship & performs well under pressure in the playoffs when it counts, I can't see him as a top 5 or maybe even 10 player in baseball despite his great talent. To me he is just a great player, but not one of the top 5 players in the game.

Reply to Msg #3898
Back to Topics

4445 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter