BaseballGeeks
User: Guest33758
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Harold Reynolds is out as an ESPN analyst " Thread

Message #3906 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Harold Reynolds is out as an ESPN analyst
Date:  7/25/06, 8:54pm
I don't understand this move by ESPN and they haven't even given an explanation as to why Harold Reynolds was dismissed. I thought Reynolds-- after a slow start-- became one of the best baseball analysts out there, who was always fair and gave a birds-eye view of an assortment of plays from a former players perspective. He may not exactly be in Peter Gammons' league, but then again, who is? With Reynolds and Gammons gone, all they have now is Dan Patrick, Joe Morgan, and John Kruk. I'm not too crazy about Karl Ravich, Jeff Brantley, and a few other guys over there.

Reply to Msg #3906
Back to Topics

4669 reads

808 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3908 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Guest19556 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Subject:  Re: Harold Reynolds is out as an ESPN analyst
Date:  7/26/06, 1:37pm
Sexual harrasment is the rumor, and on more than one occasion.

Reply to Msg #3908
Back to Topics

3107 reads

Message #3910 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest19556 (IP: 69.141.76.197)
Jaydawg  
Date:  7/27/06, 9:38pm (Last Edited: 7/27/06, 9:48pm)
Reynolds denies this allegation charge and says, "I gave a woman a hug and felt like it was misinterpreted." Sexual harassment is difficult to prove because there's usually no witnesses around and it's a he said/she said type of situation. Though, ESPN may have a witness and concrete proof, since they released Reynolds so swiftly. Perhaps, he pulled a Bill O'Reilly and tried to engage in phone sex with a woman who was smart enough to record the conversation. In any case, it's sad if this allegation turns out to be true.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14026863/

Reply to Msg #3910
Back to Topics

5891 reads

Message #3917 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Guest19691 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  7/28/06, 11:20am
Reynolds claims he just gave a woman a "hug". C'mon, you don't get fired for that. Now ESPN has said it was a continuing problem. They wouldn't have fired him unless they had a rock solid case. Reynolds was a good analyst, but sexual harrasment can cost an employer a lot of money, and rightly so.

Reply to Msg #3917
Back to Topics

5890 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter