BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40114
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "NL West Predictions " Thread

Message #4407 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Anonymous  
Subject:  NL West Predictions
Date:  4/01/07, 4:42pm

Reply to Msg #4407
Back to Topics

2726 reads

1848 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4447 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: NL West Predictions
Date:  4/7/07, 10:28am
I'm not sure what the predictor is smoking on this one. The Pads have a mediocre offense at best in a hitters park at Petco. Other than Chris Young and the often injured Peavy, I don't see much starting pitching. Greg Maddux's best days are long behind him. I don't see Hoffman getting a whole lot of save opportunities this year and of course S.D. lost a brilliant manager in Bruce Bochy. The Dodgers have a slightly better offense and a much better pitching staff. They lost some power hitting in the offseason, but I still see them scoring a lot of runs with Juan Pierre and Furcal at the top of thier lineup. The Giants could surprise some people this year. The improved their pitching with the addition of Zito, who's best pitching is ahead of him, I believe. Bonds is going to break Aaron's record, but the steroid controversies will haunt him for eternity. If Ba-Bo can manage to get 450+-at-bats this season, then expect the Giants to compete down the stretch.

Reply to Msg #4447
Back to Topics

3505 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

The DawgHouse

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter