BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39702
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Arod gets a curtain call from Yank fans after he hits a HR on Opening Day. Red Sox Chick has a take. Think it's positive? " Thread

Message #4417 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Arod gets a curtain call from Yank fans after he hits a HR on Opening Day. Red Sox Chick has a take. Think it's positive?
Date:  4/03/07, 12:16pm
Cyn is such a fun blogger. She has jumped ship from mlblogs.com because of, primarily, Selig's DirectTV crap.

Good for you, Cyn!

Reply to Msg #4417
Back to Topics

4384 reads

1496 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4418 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Guest43157 (IP: 76.98.187.178)  
Subject:  Re: Arod gets a curtain call from Yank fans after he hits a HR on Opening Day. Red Sox Chick has a take. Think it's positive?
Date:  4/3/07, 1:06pm
The Red Sox Chick is great, but she's taking the Yankees too seriously. The fans pay a lot to go to Yankee Stadium and they are getting their money's worth. They boo or cheer depending on the game and how they feel, and then go home and don't think twice about it.

I've lived in both Boston and NY, and the Boston fans pay way more attention to the Yankees than the Yankee fans do to the Red Sox. The only real time Yankee fans pay any attention to the Red Sox is when they are playing, or at the end of the year if the race is close. Otherwise Yankee fans don't care about the Red Sox. But the Red Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees all the time.

The atmosphere is completely different at the two parks. The Red Sox fans are at Fenway for the game. The Yankee fans are at Yankee Stadium to be entertained. That's why the Yankee fans seem crazier with boos and cheers. They don't just want to watch the game, they want to be in it.

Reply to Msg #4418
Back to Topics

5174 reads

Message #4420 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest43157 (IP: 76.98.187.178)
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Arod gets a curtain call from Yank fans after he hits a HR on Opening Day. Red Sox Chick has a take. Think it's positive?
Date:  4/3/07, 1:31pm
>The atmosphere is completely different at the two parks. The
>Red Sox fans are at Fenway for the game. The Yankee fans are
>at Yankee Stadium to be entertained. That's why the Yankee
>fans seem crazier with boos and cheers. They don't just want
>to watch the game, they want to be in it.

Excellent point. Personally, I would be bothered if I was a Yank fan, much like I am bothered by most Dodger fans.

They just don't appreciate their ballplayers when a ballplayer is only as good as his postseason performance or a single at bat. Arod was given a SARCASTIC cheer during his first at bat yesterday. He struck out and was roundly boo'ed.

Ridiculous.

Reply to Msg #4420
Back to Topics

5173 reads

Message #4425 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
attacksquad  
Date:  4/4/07, 9:07am
It is absurd, I agree. A-Rod, other than Pujols, is probably the best player of the current generation of players. One would think Yankee fans would know this and support the guy 100%. If you pay to be entertained, then watch how entertaining he will be if you start cutting the guy some slack and cheering for him. You'd see even more Yankee wins and everyone, Red Sox included, would be irrelevant the minute he got on the field.

Reply to Msg #4425
Back to Topics

5170 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter