BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39249
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Digg the BaseballGeeks podcast! Thanks! " Thread

Message #4459 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Digg the BaseballGeeks podcast! Thanks!
Date:  4/13/07, 09:30am
We just got our first bad review on Itunes (which was probably deserved because of the production quality so far), so make us feel better and Digg our podcast! Thanks!

Reply to Msg #4459
Back to Topics

3439 reads

1415 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4460 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: Digg the BaseballGeeks podcast! Thanks!
Date:  4/13/07, 3:36pm
You know, it makes me laugh that people expect so much for free. While it is true that the sound quality isn't great when compared to other podcasts, it gives the listener more content and more fun than any slick ESPN crap out there. Don't worry about it.

I do have one suggestion. I know both of you have families and lives but, have you ever thought of doing a live, call-in show? A service called Talkshoe would allow listeners to call in and ask questions. Might be an idea. That and Tennessee Jesse can call in with his update.

Thanks,
John

Reply to Msg #4460
Back to Topics

4213 reads

Message #4461 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  john.reiss
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Digg the BaseballGeeks podcast! Thanks!
Date:  4/13/07, 3:43pm
>You know, it makes me laugh that people expect so much for
>free. While it is true that the sound quality isn't great
>when compared to other podcasts, it gives the listener more
>content and more fun than any slick ESPN crap out there.
>Don't worry about it.

Well, it is almost like we "haven't made it" in the sports talk world until someone has something bad to say about us. Actually, I thought the stuff with our kids was pretty damned hilarious. I had the option to edit it out, but I chose to stick with it.

I'm going to try and stick with skype, as we did last year, by bringing my computer from work back home. It clutters the room, though, and the work is more intensive, but I'llgive that a shot.

Because Gregg is from remote more often now, we have limited choice. This, basically, worked MUCH better than Ichat on the Mac.

>I do have one suggestion. I know both of you have families
>and lives but, have you ever thought of doing a live, call-in
>show? A service called Talkshoe would allow listeners to call
>in and ask questions. Might be an idea. That and Tennessee
>Jesse can call in with his update.

I am definitely going to look into Talkshoe. Thanks for the recommendation. It was our goal, as I mentioned in the first podcast, to involve more listeners in a talk format.

Reply to Msg #4461
Back to Topics

4210 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter