BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40016
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "The Yankees, Red Sox, and possibly the Dodgers---if the Yanks pull out--- could play exhibition games in China next spring and open the '08 season in Japan " Thread

Message #4525 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  The Yankees, Red Sox, and possibly the Dodgers---if the Yanks pull out--- could play exhibition games in China next spring and open the '08 season in Japan
Date:  5/06/07, 9:55pm
This could actually be beneficial to MLB. Playing a few preseason games in a country with over a billion people could take the league to a whole new level. But, if the rumors are true and the Yanks pull out of it, then we could see an A.L. and N.L. team going head-to-head to open a season for the first time ever. Who knows? There could be a REAL World Series on the horizon in the future with the best U.S. team--probably the Yanks-- against the best team in Japan. I'd probably be reluctant to root for the Yankees under that scenario, though I wouldn't hesitate to cheer them on if they play the Tokyo Giants... You know how I feel about ballclubs with Halloween costumes used as uniforms. Of course, Dr. Rub would root against the Yanks regardless of who they play.

Reply to Msg #4525
Back to Topics

1805 reads

1722 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter