BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40529
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Angels sign Crybaby Mondesi " Thread

Message #458 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Angels sign Crybaby Mondesi
Date:  5/28/04, 4:13pm
I'm immediately reminded of this gal who was a huge Mondesi fan when he was with the Dodgers.At the time, my family had season seats... so did she and her boyfriend... right smack in front of us in the General Reserved (near left field).Every opening day, she would dye her hair blue... Mondy was her favorite player... and she even had a cannon Mondesi tattoo.When Mondy was traded to the Blue Jays for Shawn Green (thankfully), my brothers and I wondered what the heck would happen to her (would she move to Toronto?). We knew that she upgraded her season seats... but, we never saw her again.I expect that if she didn't move to Toronto, that she'll now become an Angel fan and start dying her hair... bright red, I guess.The Angels can have him. I predict a gangbusters start for Mondesi... and then he'll fizzle within two weeks.

Reply to Msg #458
Back to Topics

2827 reads

1294 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #459 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Angels sign Crybaby Mondes
Date:  5/29/04, 12:44am
The gal with the blue hair and her obnoxious boyfriend were quite a freaky couple, but very interesting, nonetheless. She also had a tattoo of a marijuana leaf on the back of her neck. Despite that, I actually admired her loyalty for Mondesi. She also fancied Eric Karros, whom she affectionately referred to as Fabio. By my own estimation, her boyfriend would get up and down from his seat at least three to five times per each batter. He would put his fingers up to demonstrate the number of outs and the pitch count. The boyfriend would also scream obscenities at the umpires on a regular basis. One time after getting so upset, he sat back down in his seat and the back part of it broke off. I remember getting a big kick out of that.

Reply to Msg #459
Back to Topics

3401 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter