BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39258
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Beltran Sweepstakes Hits Fever Pitch " Thread

Message #508 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Beltran Sweepstakes Hits Fever Pitch
Date:  6/14/04, 5:17pm
As I posted a week or so ago, I pulled the plug on a deal that involved Beltran.My primary thinking was that I thought one of two things would happen: (1) he would stay in KC, with absolutely NO surrounding help... and put up some decent numbers, but not what I was expecting (see his May stats); (2) he would go to the Padres who seemed to have the best trade package (involving Nady) and their stadium that has been awful for their hitters as it relates to power.Now, I'm thinking he will probably end up with the Yanks. Most clubs seem to be concerned with pitching issues, I think.EVEN the Yanks.But, with Beltran in that already "All-Star" lineup, who needs pitching? The only problems the Yanks would then have are: who becomes the odd man out in the OF (probably Williams/Lofton); and how do they prevent the person who keeps the manual box scores for them from getting carpal tunnel syndrome?Steinbrenner will likely try for Beltran... and I'll kick myself (that is, if my Mark Prior experiment tanks).

Reply to Msg #508
Back to Topics

1425 reads

960 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter