BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39049
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Rays earn 6th straight win after sweeping the Red Sox, tying them for the A.L. East lead with Baltimore " Thread

Message #5105 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Rays earn 6th straight win after sweeping the Red Sox, tying them for the A.L. East lead with Baltimore
Date:  4/27/08, 9:13pm
Maybe taking the "Devil" out of the Rays is bringing Tampa good luck after all. I don't think they'll stay ahead of the Sox and Yanks for long, but this young ballclub is playing very impressively. Unfortunately, the Rays may not be able to keep guys like James Shields and Carl Crawford in the upcoming years because of the lack of a salary cap. Hopefully, something will be done about the outrageous saleries soon.

Reply to Msg #5105
Back to Topics

2869 reads

1213 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5106 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Rays earn 6th straight win after sweeping the Red Sox, tying them for the A.L. East lead with Baltimore
Date:  4/27/08, 10:51pm
The Rays are looking quiet good right now. I might be the only Rays fan out there but I can truly say that I have stuck with the Rays since they have existed, even as bad as they have been. I don't want to get too excited, but I'll say this. This is definately the best team the Rays have ever had. They are young. They are exciting! I will predict that they will atleast go 500 this season. They have the pitching finally & they have a line up capable of scoring a lot of runs. But Jaydawg, you are right. The way baseball's economic structure is currently, the Rays won't be able to hold on to these players long term & I think that is very unfortunate. MLB will never allow the Rays & other small market teams to stay competitive year after year because the big markets dominate the television, the media, etc. Unfortunately, this is also what MLB wants. They always want it to be about the Yankees & Red Sox. Let me just stop right here before I go off on my anual outrage about that. You know damn well what I'm talking about. You know my complete & total distain & hatred for the Yankees & I must admit that the Red Sox & even the Mets have joined that level of hatred for me, although the Yankees are still the main team I hate. I also despise the media for the continuation of shoving the Yankees & Red Sox down everyone's throats. That's all we ever hear about & I am so damn sick & tired of it. I know it will never change, but MLB will never change for the better until it does. I just hope the Rays continue to do well this season & shove it up the Yankees & Red Sox, & major league baseball's butt when those big market teams try to come rape the small market teams talent come the trade deadline & free agency. Tampa should go for broke this season.

Reply to Msg #5106
Back to Topics

3712 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter