BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40163
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Tampa Bay is in hot pursuit of Jason Bay before the trade deadline " Thread

Message #5495 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Tampa Bay is in hot pursuit of Jason Bay before the trade deadline
Date:  7/30/08, 9:16pm
The top brass from the Rays must be hearing the ramblings from Dr. Rub up in Panama City over the latest Yankee acquisition of Ivan Rodriguez. They can one-up the Yankees once again if they can pull off this kind of deal.

Reply to Msg #5495
Back to Topics

3226 reads

1604 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5496 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Tampa Bay is in hot pursuit of Jason Bay before the trade deadline
Date:  7/30/08, 9:22pm
I've just heard over the wire that the Cards are also trying to make a deal for Bay. It may be difficult for the Rays to pull it off under this scenario, but if I were Bay, I'd definitely prefer to go to Tampa at this point, since the Cubs or Brewers are more likely to win the N.L. Central.

Reply to Msg #5496
Back to Topics

6345 reads

Message #5498 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Tampa Bay is in hot pursuit of Jason Bay before the trade deadline
Date:  7/30/08, 10:51pm
LOL Jason!

I hope it happens, but you & I both know it won't. The Rays have done nothing but sit around with their thumb stuck up their ass during all the trading. I hear other Rays fans say, we don't need to make a trade because we may be trading the future stars from their farm system, but when you got a chance to make the playoffs or even win the division when your in the same division that the Yanks & Red Sox are in, you go after it. Tampa Bay may never be in this situation again. The time is now, not next year, or the next year, or 5 years from now. The Rays will never be able to compete with the Yankees & Red Sox money. So, you go after it when it's right in front of you.

Reply to Msg #5498
Back to Topics

6342 reads

Message #5499 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  7/30/08, 10:53pm
Jayson Stark from ESPN has reported that the Rays actually might be after Adam Dunn. WOW! It's about damn time.

Reply to Msg #5499
Back to Topics

6342 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter