BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40202
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Braves broadcaster Skip Caray passes away at age 68 " Thread

Message #5515 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Braves broadcaster Skip Caray passes away at age 68
Date:  8/03/08, 9:24pm
His style of broadcasting wasn't always my cup of tea, but no one can deny his great contributions to Braves baseball and the game in general.

Reply to Msg #5515
Back to Topics

3275 reads

2617 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5519 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Braves broadcaster Skip Caray passes away at age 68
Date:  8/4/08, 12:26am
I loved that guy! Hearing that sad news today was a definate downer for me, but it also rekindled a lot of good memories watching the Braves on TBS, especially during the 90's. They were an exciting team to watch then & somehow listening to Skip & Pete somehow made it more exciting & fun to watch. It's weird, but I have fallen somewhat out of love with Braves baseball because they aren't on TBS anymore & I don't get to hear Skip Carey anymore. I still like the Braves, but I've been more of a Rays fan the past 4 or 5 years. The Braves were a fun team when they had players like Ron Gant, David Justice, Otis Nixon, Deion Sanders, Sid Bream, Mark Lemke, Terry Pendleton, Jacy Lopez, Jeff Blauser, Fred McGriff, Andruw Jones, Brian Hunter, Lonnie Smith, Steve Avery, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, Chipper Jones, John Rocker, Mark Whitton, Rafael Belliard, Francisco Cabrera, etc. Those were also my fondest years of Skip Carey.

Reply to Msg #5519
Back to Topics

3957 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter