BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39525
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Internal Revenue Service to MLB players: 'Ix-nay on the free ickets-tay!' " Thread

Message #639 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Internal Revenue Service to MLB players: 'Ix-nay on the free ickets-tay!'
Date:  3/3/05, 6:18pm
Not to get too political in this web community, but when you think about the fact that we have a President who is a former MLB team owner... who has managed to really bungle our nation's coffers...Geesh. Could are government be THAT desperate for money?Assume that the average ticket price is $50. Assume that a player's fmily of SIX was going to go to EVERY game of the season (look, highly doubtful, but I'm makin a point here... REALLY).That's $48,600. Both home and away games.Well, come to think of it... that is a nice chunk of change.While families aren't going to go to EVERY game, it still adds up.I didn't start this post believing I would praise George W... but let me end it with: "Good idea, George!" This just might pay for the tires on a Humvee in Iraq!

Reply to Msg #639
Back to Topics

1487 reads

1783 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter