BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39718
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Sosa so pumped up to impress his new team, he gets ejected in a Spring Training game " Thread

Message #659 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
asimovian  
Subject:  Sosa so pumped up to impress his new team, he gets ejected in a Spring Training game
Date:  3/6/05, 1:42am
Is it really necessary for Sosa to spend time mouthing off to an umpire all the way from the outfield during the second Spring Training game of the year? If he was, perhaps, some washed-up veteran who was fighting for a spot on the team, I could maybe see getting worked up over a close call that might cost you your job down the line. But, really - Sosa? Next time, save your breath, Sammy.

Reply to Msg #659
Back to Topics

3540 reads

1598 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #662 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  asimovian
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Sosa so pumped up to impress his new team, he gets ejected in a Spring Training game
Date:  3/6/05, 12:02pm
I agreed with your opinion at first... but then I realized that this might indicate a higher level of intensity on Sosa's part than usual... which might indicate that this guy is really ready to prove to all that1) he isn't on the downturn of his career; and(2) the cubbies made a big mistake in letting him goIf anything, this increased his ranking in my OF fantasy draft lists.

Reply to Msg #662
Back to Topics

4240 reads

Message #684 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Guest230 (IP: 4.60.130.74)  
Subject:  Re: Sosa so pumped up to impress his new team, he gets ejected in a Spring Training game
Date:  3/6/05, 9:15pm
I understand your point, but I'm going to continue to respectfully disagree. Intensity is a valuable commodity to have from such a storied veteran. But a veteran also should be a team leader who can exercise sound judgement. If he wanted to be pissed off about the call, fine -- let him prove himself by coming up with a big at-bat the next go-around. But I'll say again that yelling at the home plate umpire from the outfield and getting yourself ejected is just moronic.Sosa is too valuable to *any* team he plays on to allow himself to get tossed over something stupid. He's only hurting his team by doing that, and if I'm his manager, I've got choice words about it. That being said, good luck with your fantasy team.

Reply to Msg #684
Back to Topics

4240 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter