BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40617
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Ankiel gives up pitching to become outfielder " Thread

Message #734 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Pujols  
Subject:  Ankiel gives up pitching to become outfielder
Date:  3/09/05, 3:15pm

Reply to Msg #734
Back to Topics

2529 reads

2299 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #735 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Pujols
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Ankiel gives up pitching to become outfielder
Date:  3/9/05, 2:38pm
From the article:
Ankiel said he's been thinking of making the switch since he left winter ball in Puerto Rico after feeling a twinge in his elbow. He was impressive in his first time throwing to hitters this spring, but the outings since then have been erratic."This whole time, the frustration that built up, it seems like it was really eroding my spirit and starting to affect my personality off the field as well," Ankiel said. "It just became apparent that it was time for me to move on and pursue becoming an outfielder. I feel relieved now and I'm happy to move on."Ankiel is a career .207 hitter in the major leagues, going 18-for-87 with two homers, a double, a triple and nine RBI. He played some at designated hitter for the Cardinals' rookie league team in Johnson City, Tenn., where he hit 10 homers in 2001.

Career .207 hitter? This guy was so highly touted as a pitcher before his melt-down that this is tragic.

Reply to Msg #735
Back to Topics

3032 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter