BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40717
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Excellent review of Canseco's 'Juiced,' although the review is positive... like a Jason Giambi blood test for steroids " Thread

Message #751 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Excellent review of Canseco's 'Juiced,' although the review is positive... like a Jason Giambi blood test for steroids
Date:  3/10/05, 3:15pm
Most interesting in this review are the snippets where some of the "facts" mentioned by Canseco are debunked.My favorite:
The 2001 spring training conversation he "recalls" with Boone has already been debunked by ESPN.com's Jeff Merron here [link], along with a few other of Jose's fuzzy recollections. Some of these are details, like whether he pinch hit for David Cone in Game 4 or Game 6 of the 2000 World Series. Others are pretty substantial mistakes, like his account of a monster home run he hit off Walt Terrell in Detroit in 1986, which was actually hit in 1987. By Mark McGuire. Small detail.

I'm betting this review is ten times better than the book...and I hate to give any attention to this book at all, but the link (I think) is worthy of reading.BUT, as this is a baseball blog by a guy who is linked on a lot of other blogs, I have to wonder... he is spelling Mark McGwire's name wrong on purpose... right?

Reply to Msg #751
Back to Topics

1583 reads

2522 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter