BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40435
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Jason Phillips to Dodgers for Ishii " Thread

Message #880 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Jason Phillips to Dodgers for Ishii
Date:  3/19/05, 5:10pm
This almost happened yesterday. Dear baseball gods... please let this happen. We can't live all season with the Ross-Bako combo.Dear baseball gods, you have done an excellent job in making the Mets brass think that this is even close to a good deal.Please let this happen.

Reply to Msg #880
Back to Topics

3691 reads

1019 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #889 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Jason Phillips to Dodgers for Ishii
Date:  3/20/05, 5:33pm
Ishii has never lived up to his potential and Dave Ross is a .220 hitting kind of guy, even with the 'roids. Phillips would definitely be an improvement.

Reply to Msg #889
Back to Topics

4954 reads

Message #896 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Date:  3/20/05, 8:44pm
> Ishii has never lived up to his potential and Dave Ross
>is a .220 hitting kind of guy, even with the 'roids. Phillips
>would definitely be an improvement.

Wow... you're being nice. If memory serves, I think Ross hit something like .180 last year. Of course, Phillips wasn't that much better, but I believe Phillips has the potential to be a .270 guy (and I'll take that over the Ross-Bako tandem).

Reply to Msg #896
Back to Topics

4952 reads

Message #904 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jmast7  
Date:  3/21/05, 12:33pm
You guys got a potential sleeper in Jason Phillips, who was one of the unluckiest players in baseball, according to the Hardball Times.

Ishii scares me -- really scares me. He could seriously be one of the biggest busts of the year considering his walk rate and the way his strikeout rate collapsed last year.

I'm just praying that Willie doesn't pitch Ishii and VicZ back-to-back so that Pedro's arm lasts past May. *sigh*

Reply to Msg #904
Back to Topics

4949 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter