BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40589
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "Trade Strategy Advice" Thread

Message #286 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
Guest48587 (IP: 67.109.85.99)  
Subject:  Trade Strategy Advice
Date:  5/1/07, 3:32pm
I'm in two leagues right now, and I'm in first place in one and second place in the other. I usually love to start making trades around this time of the season, but I'm afraid to mess with something that's working so far. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether it's a good idea or not to make trades when you're high in the standings? I think most of my guys are performing pretty much in line as expected (with some upside on some underperforming players like Sexson), but I know there are some opportunities to make a move for guys like Soriano, Texiera and Dye. Is it worth the risk that players like that won't turn it around because of some health problems? Would you be willing to trade Kinsler and a closer for Dye, for example?

Reply to Msg #286
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

4006 reads

Message #287 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Guest48587 (IP: 67.109.85.99)
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Trade Strategy Advice
Date:  5/1/07, 10:46pm
>like that won't turn it around because of some health
>problems? Would you be willing to trade Kinsler and a closer
>for Dye, for example?

I hate trading when I am in first place or second place (currently, I am in first in my money league) UNLESS I have fast starters who shouldn't be doing as well as they are.

If I had Arod, for instance, I might try and trade for David Wright and a stud closer or starter... Wright, in my opinion, at this juncture, has MORE value than Arod. It was nice to see Wright get his 1st HR of the season... there will be plenty more.

I have been wrong. I was the guy who traded Sammy Sosa in 1998, after he hit a record 20 (or 21?) bombs in May because of the thinking: "Nobody has ever hit over 61... and I don't see it happening this year."

Oops.

As for Kinsler, NO WAY. Ride that kid all the way to the bank at the weak position... and, if you were a PlayerTrack user and a podcast listener, you would know that I announced Kinsler as my favorite 2B (yes, ahead of Utley) this year.

Time will tell if this will hold true, but he is making me look like a freakin' genius so far. Too bad I didn't get him on any of my teams.

Reply to Msg #287
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

5087 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter