BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40749
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Need a pitcher for fantasy league - any advice on a sleeper out there? Link goes nowhere, Yankees suck. " Thread

Message #1203 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Pipman  
Subject:  Need a pitcher for fantasy league - any advice on a sleeper out there? Link goes nowhere, Yankees suck.
Date:  4/19/05, 5:19pm

Reply to Msg #1203
Back to Topics

7828 reads

963 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1204 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Pipman
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Need a pitcher for fantasy league - any advice on a sleeper out there? Link goes nowhere, Yankees suck.
Date:  4/19/05, 5:23pm (Last Edited: 4/19/05, 5:24pm)
I'm in the middle of a free agent free-for-all in the BaseballGeeks inaugural baseballmanager.com league, and a few of the members log on here regularly, so your timing is bad.

Dr. Rub took away a guy this morning (he bid more for him than I did) who was available as of this morning in one of my other leagues (and I took him in that other league this morning). Not really a sleeper right now, and he has nowhere to go but down... but it is tough to argue his stats so far: * Brett Myers

I'll throw this one out for now, then I'll give you a few more. Email me at robertreed [at] gmail.com if you want a few of the ones I am going after on the free agent list, other than Myers.

Otherwise, I'll post em up within the next two days.

Reply to Msg #1204
Back to Topics

9236 reads

Message #1205 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Boogaman  
Subject:  Re: Need a pitcher for fantasy league - any advice on a sleeper out there? Link goes nowhere, Yankees suck.
Date:  4/19/05, 11:06pm
Ah!!! C'mon Rob...Who ya gonna take???....Do tell.

Reply to Msg #1205
Back to Topics

9233 reads

Message #1207 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Boogaman
Reedster  
Date:  4/20/05, 9:21am
LOL. Yah, Boogaman. This is the first time I have seen you here since last season. I knew this would be the exact kind of post to draw your attention.

You've seen my first this morning. Yes, I got Bonderman. YAY.

Reply to Msg #1207
Back to Topics

9232 reads

Message #1208 of 6634  *NEW*
Boogaman  
Date:  4/20/05, 9:26pm
I have finally gotten a little time on my hands....not to mention my thirst for baseball knowledge is isatiatable right now. I am listening to baseball stuff to the exclusion of any other programing right now. After the end of baseball and the end of football season I had to impose a sports info ban upon my phsyche for a month or six weeks.

Reply to Msg #1208
Back to Topics

9231 reads

Message #1212 of 6634  *NEW*
Guest1450 (IP: 4.232.69.182)  
Date:  4/23/05, 9:44am
How come there's so much excitement over Bonderman? His career ERA is over 5.00, isn't it? As for Brett Myers, consider yourself lucky that you didn't get him. He has potential, but he's another year or two from greatness.

Reply to Msg #1212
Back to Topics

9231 reads

Message #1218 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest1450 (IP: 4.232.69.182)
Reedster  
Date:  4/23/05, 11:30am
Bonderman has good strikeout ratees, a good WHIP... the ERA is the only thing that holds him down. And, when you say "career ERA," the guy is 22 years old.

Reply to Msg #1218
Back to Topics

9228 reads

Message #1219 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Pipman
Reedster  
Date:  4/23/05, 11:31am
Noah Lowry is the other guy I like, and I thought I could hold out on him (I was able to) because his current stats are inflated by a single appearance in Colorado.

So, I ended up getting 2 out of the 3 pitchers that I was aiming for... and then, Myers has that outing last night, and I suddenly feel a little better (in BBM that is).

This was the first outing for Myers in both of my other leagues. Gag. Good Ks, at least.

Reply to Msg #1219
Back to Topics

9224 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter