BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39462
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Nomar out 2-3 months with torn groin muscle. " Thread

Message #1210 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Desert_Chill  
Subject:  Nomar out 2-3 months with torn groin muscle.
Date:  4/21/05, 10:59am
That just sounds painful... very painful.

On the other hand, considering Nomar's output so far this year, this might be a blessing. I can't see Neifi Perez doing much worse at the plate or in the field.

Reply to Msg #1210
Back to Topics

3239 reads

2382 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1213 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Desert_Chill
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Nomar out 2-3 months with torn groin muscle.
Date:  4/23/05, 9:50am
It's too unfortunate that Nomar has had a ton of injuries the past few years. He's a classy guy on and off the field. Because of the mishaps, the Red Sox traded Nomar in the middle of the season and he missed the World Series. That's a damn shame because he played his heart out for that team for almost 10 years.

Reply to Msg #1213
Back to Topics

3761 reads

Message #1217 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Desert_Chill
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Nomar out 2-3 months with torn groin muscle.
Date:  4/23/05, 11:09am (Last Edited: 4/23/05, 11:09am)
Painful on multiple accounts. This is a contract year for him. When (and if) he comes back, he better hit .700 with a HR every 3 ABs, otherwise, he (and Mia) are gonna be unhappy.

I had a chance to keep this guy in one of my leagues for $19 or so (I have hoarded him since I was able to draft him four years ago when he was injured for most of the season for $1 in a keeper league - $5 increases every year).

He just doesn't have baseball stamina. One of those sad stories in baseball, and I think will continue to be.

Oft-injured.... played on a team with a curse, only to be traded within the season were the curse was broken. He'll probably never see a World Series ring that he earned.

You heard it here first. If he doesn't re-sign with the Cubs, the Cubs win it all next year.

Reply to Msg #1217
Back to Topics

3758 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter