BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39983
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Chisox complete World Series sweep of Astros in Houston, prompting the question: Has parity in baseball gotten better, or is this an aberration? " Thread

Message #1340 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Chisox complete World Series sweep of Astros in Houston, prompting the question: Has parity in baseball gotten better, or is this an aberration?
Date:  10/27/05, 10:28am
I think it is great for baseball that we have two teams that haven't won a World Series in many decades finally bring a title to their respective cities in the last two years.

Granted, the ChiSox and Bosox put a lot of money into their teams, so money is still the ultimate name of the game...

...but are all teams now catching up?

I think that the Bosox and Chisox winning back to back is a very good thing for baseball... so much nicer than having the Yankees repeat again.

Reply to Msg #1340
Back to Topics

2470 reads

1983 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

Message #1344 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Chisox complete World Series sweep of Astros in Houston, prompting the question: Has parity in baseball gotten better, or is this an aberration?
Date:  10/30/05, 11:25am
Way to go, ChiSox!!! The curses around the league are gradually coming to an end. First, the BoSox, then the ChiSox. Who's next? The Cubs? Personally, I'd like to see the Cubbies do it next year just to get that monster albatross off the neck of that poor guy, Steve Bartman.

On a political note, I sure loved watching the ChiSox beating the hell out of those sorry 'Stros in the middle of their big "Red" Sea. Let's keep the World Series trophy in the bluer seas, especially if it's Dodger Blue.....

Reply to Msg #1344
Back to Topics

2339 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter