BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40660
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Alfonso Soriano Traded To Nationals " Thread

Message #1403 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Alfonso Soriano Traded To Nationals
Date:  12/08/05, 3:16pm
The Washington Nationals acquired Soriano from the Texas Rangers for Brad Wilkerson, Terrmel Sledge, and a minor league pitcher. This is a brilliant move by the Nats and should incite more enthusiasm for baseball in the nation's capital. Since Washington already has a capable second baseman in Jose Vidro, Soriano is expected to play in the outfield.

Reply to Msg #1403
Back to Topics

3028 reads

964 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

Message #1404 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Alfonso Soriano Traded To Nationals
Date:  12/8/05, 5:22pm
Wilkerson and Sledge aren't throw ins. These guys are pretty good, so the deal looks good on both sides...

The shame of this deal, for me, is that the rumor you posted that got me all excited (Soriano to Dodgers?) is now nothing more than a dream.

Reply to Msg #1404
Back to Topics

2329 reads

Message #1406 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Alfonso Soriano Traded To Nationals
Date:  12/8/05, 10:00pm
Wilkerson is a pretty good player, but I believe he had a career year last season. Expect his numbers to go down a notch in '06. The Nats did better in picking up Soriano, who is one of the hot young players in the leagues.
Frankly, I was surprised when Washington traded for Soriano last night. From my understanding, the Dodgers and the Cubs were the only two teams that took a serious look at him. As a Dodger fan, I was disappointed, but I'm still hopeful that the Blue Crew will pick up Abreu.

Reply to Msg #1406
Back to Topics

3712 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter