BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40080
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Garciaparra met with Dodger brass today; Dodgers want him to play 1B or LF " Thread

Message #1468 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Garciaparra met with Dodger brass today; Dodgers want him to play 1B or LF
Date:  12/16/05, 4:18pm
Anyone know if Garciaparra has ever played in the outfield?

Reply to Msg #1468
Back to Topics

2431 reads

921 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1472 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Garciaparra met with Dodger brass today; Dodgers want him to play 1B or LF
Date:  12/16/05, 11:37pm
As far as I know, Nomar hasn't played any other position in the league besides shortstop and third base. He's one of the all-time greats and a possible Hall of Famer, but I believe the best years are behind him. Nomar has become too injury-prone for the past few years. The Dodgers safest bet would be to sign an experienced and solid outfielder. Sources indicate that they're looking at Johnny Damon, Bobby Abreu, Preston Wilson, Kenny Lofton, and Reggie Sanders. From this list, I would recommend that the Dodgers not sign Sanders since he has spent his entire career being on and off the disabled list.

Reply to Msg #1472
Back to Topics

3099 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter