BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40479
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Yankees in Trade Talks With Arod " Thread

Message #148 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Yankees in Trade Talks With Arod
Date:  2/14/04, 12:13pm
You just had to know that this was coming. I'm surprised it has taken this long. The rumor is Arod for Alfonso Soriano.

Reply to Msg #148
Back to Topics

6179 reads

843 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #149 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Yankees in Trade Talks With Aro
Date:  2/15/04, 12:19am
Just another sad sad day for the game of baseball & yet another black eye for the game! I guess the damn Yanks are going to buy themselves another championship because that's exactly what they are doing! They'll never really earn a World Series title! Not hard to win the whole damn thing when you can field an all-star team! Very anticlimatic if you ask me! It really wouldn't bother me at all if the Yankees just didn't exist or were contracted from the game of baseball all together. By the way, did I tell everyone just how much a hate, & I mean hate the Yankees? It is beyond humanly possible.

Reply to Msg #149
Back to Topics

7138 reads

Message #150 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Date:  2/17/04, 8:02pm
Without a salary cap, small to medium market teams like the Royals and Twins can't compete with the Yankees for top quality players. The NBA has it exactly right in this area. The Indiana Pacers and Sacramento Queens compete at the same caliber as the Lakers, which is the way it should be. However, if you think the Yankees are guaranteed a championship ring this season, think again. The Marlins, who were ranked twenty-first in payroll, beat the Bronx Bombers in the last fall classic. With the exception of the Giants, I'm rooting for an underdog to defeat the Yankees. Maybe it will be the Dodgers. Remember, they snatched Juan Encarnacion from Florida and they still have some of the best pitching in the league.

Reply to Msg #150
Back to Topics

5683 reads

Message #151 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  2/20/04, 4:11pm
Ah, it is nice to see you optimistic again, JayDawg, about the Dodger prospects this season.I would just advise you to NOT hold your breath. I really like Encarnacion (had him on my fantasy team last year), but I don't think he can carry the offensive load.

Reply to Msg #151
Back to Topics

7130 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter