BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40965
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Adam Eaton traded to the Rangers " Thread

Message #1499 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Adam Eaton traded to the Rangers
Date:  12/20/05, 4:58pm
From the article:

The Texas Rangers have helped address their pitching woes by reaching agreement to acquire San Diego Padres right-handed pitchers Adam Eaton and Akinori Otsuka and minor league prospect Billy Killian in exchange for right-handed pitcher Chris Young, first baseman Adrian Gonzalez and outfielder Terrmel Sledge, ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick has confirmed.

The Rangers and Padres had been discussing a deal for Eaton for several weeks, but Texas was reluctant to part with young catcher Gerald Laird, The Dallas Morning News reported.

Reply to Msg #1499
Back to Topics

3509 reads

2398 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1500 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Adam Eaton traded to the Rangers
Date:  12/20/05, 6:52pm
Adam Eaton is a bit overrated and has never lived up to his billing. But, this could turn out to be a good trade for both teams. Akinori Otsuka is one of the top middle-relievers in the game and will provide quite a presence in the Ranger bullpen. Chris Young is a young hurler with a lot of potential. He's tall, lanky, and has good mechanics. In some ways, Young reminds me of a right-handed Randy Johnson. Texas may regret letting him go in the upcoming years.

Reply to Msg #1500
Back to Topics

4064 reads

Message #1508 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Guest4385 (IP: 68.174.101.208)  
Subject:  Re: Adam Eaton traded to the Rangers
Date:  12/20/05, 8:09pm
Young's ceiling is nowhere near what Johnson's was at the same age but I do like this deal for SD. They gain three useful players and could still yet flip Gonzalez for another starter (Boston for Wells and a PTBN?). If they keep him, it's tough to imagine the kid going back to AAA after hitting .360 there last year, but it could happen. Most baseball folks don't seem that high on him, probably because he lacks the typical corner power. But it could still come. He reminds me of a young, roids-free Rafael Palmiero. I love his quick stroke. He'd be a nice fit playing half his games in a place like Yankee Stadium, batting 7th or so. Sledge is a decent 4th OF when healthy and nice Dave Roberts/Mike Cameron insurance. If I'm running the Pads I package Klesko with a low-level prospect and/or cash to bring back another pitcher. The Royals, sensing their fans need to be placated, might be interested and could offer up Jeremy Affeldt for the overrated Klesko. Does that get it done? Probably not but the kid Gonzalez is a keeper and could quite possibly be the nut of this deal for GM Towers.

Reply to Msg #1508
Back to Topics

4061 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter