BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40638
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Cards will continue their winning ways: add Encarnacion to replace Walker; sign Junior Spivey " Thread

Message #1539 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Cards will continue their winning ways: add Encarnacion to replace Walker; sign Junior Spivey
Date:  12/23/05, 5:16pm
Great deals for the Cards. Spivey has been a bit off the last two years, but I think he is going to do really well this coming year in that lineup.

While Encarnacion is no Larry Walker, he will add a little pop and a little speed.

Reply to Msg #1539
Back to Topics

3228 reads

2273 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1541 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Guest4558 (IP: 4.234.253.104)  
Subject:  Re: Cards will continue their winning ways: add Encarnacion to replace Walker; sign Junior Spivey
Date:  12/23/05, 7:03pm
encarnacion is very overated he wasthought to be a 30-30 guy but fail to put up numbers anywhere close to that (16hr - 6sb last season)

Reply to Msg #1541
Back to Topics

4793 reads

Message #1548 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest4558 (IP: 4.234.253.104)
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Cards will continue their winning ways: add Encarnacion to replace Walker; sign Junior Spivey
Date:  12/24/05, 10:23am
I agree. When Excarnacion was with the Dodgers, we all had high expectations, with all of that potential. Still, I think he will help fill some gaps.

His stats definitely leave a lot to be desired.

http://www.playertrack.com/cgi-bin/profile.pl?112

Spivey also has similar, relatively mediocre numbers.

http://www.playertrack.com/cgi-bin/profile.pl?353

I have a feeling, though, that with Pujols and Edmonds in the lineup, those guys are going to see a LOT of fastballs.

Reply to Msg #1548
Back to Topics

4789 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter