BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40047
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Mets Add Bret Boone and Trade Jae Seo To The Dodgers " Thread

Message #1599 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Mets Add Bret Boone and Trade Jae Seo To The Dodgers
Date:  1/04/06, 10:37pm (Last Edited: 1/4/06, 10:43pm)
Boone isn't the All-Star he once was, but he adds a little depth to the Mets bench and gives them a little insurance in case Kaz Matsui doesn't come through for the team. They also made a good trade with the Dodgers today by sending Jae Seo to L.A. for relievers Duaner Sanchez and Steve Schmoll. Sanchez has been gradually becoming a solid middle-reliever and should work well with Billy Wagner. On the other hand, the Dodgers acquisition of Jae Seo is a little iffy. Seo had a respectable year in '05 with an 8-2 record and a 2.59 ERA in 14 starts, but he had some control problems in his two seasons prior to that. However, coming to a pitcher's park in L.A. could possibly do Seo a lot of good. Time will tell.

Reply to Msg #1599
Back to Topics

2405 reads

1774 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1604 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Mets Add Bret Boone and Trade Jae Seo To The Dodgers
Date:  1/5/06, 4:10pm
This is a desperate move on the part of the Dodgers, as far as I am concerned, because of the impending loss of Jeff Weaver. Seo hasn't shown that he is a stellar pitcher.

I really like Sanchez, so to lose him... I think this will really hurt the Dodgers.

This is a gamble that I hope pays off; unfortunately, I think it has the odds of a river gut shot straight to beat a flop set (I couldn't resist the hold 'em terminology).

Reply to Msg #1604
Back to Topics

3145 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter